Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Ladies and Gentelmen...

Here is your Constraint Report for the TPP (Target Production Period) of 8/21 ==> 8/27.

• ZMG67 - SKY RedLine - 25 Available Nationally (10%)
  • MM5 - Manual Transmission - 50 Available Nationally (20%)

As you all can see seems like is going to be S-L-O-W going for the RedLine... :banghead:

We have only one allocation for SKY this week and I have no clue if it is for a RedLine and even if it was almost all the RedLines I have as Preliminary Orders, including mine, are Manuals so DOUBLE WHAMMY!!! :mad: :banghead:

Regards,

:eek: BA :eek:

·
Registered
653 Posts
So...does that mean that none of the 50 manuals will be Redlines? Or could it be possible that 25 of the manuals will be the 25 Redlines? Bottom line, do we have any idea when the manual Redlines will start getting produced?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Count on R/L Auto Vs. Man

With the limited numbers being produced so far. Who is waiting for an Auto R/L vs. a Man R/L?
Myself I am waiting for an Auto.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I can't understand why someone would get a sports car in auto?:confused:
I'm waiting for a manual transmission.

·
Registered
92 Posts
akinmb said:
some of us can't drive a manual :cool:

·
Registered
653 Posts
lorinee said:
some of us can't drive a manual :cool:
LOL. My wife's been interested in the SKY for a while, but when she started eyeing the RL version, I told her there was no way we were buying the performance variant without manual transmission. So she learned to drive manual. :) It's not that hard and is SOOO much more fun. :D

·
Registered
229 Posts
akinmb said:
If I was buying a car simply as a fun car, I would probably buy a manual. If I was driving primarily on open highways or on country roads, I would probably buy a manual. Since this will be an everyday car and I do a lot of stop and go driving, the automatic transmission just works better for me.

·
Registered
322 Posts
MHO is either is fine. Its like color....drivers choice. If my life was stop & go....auto it would be. Its not so 5 speed works.
I will say one thing, We had a VW Passat prior to Barbara getting the Volvo XC AWD and that Passat shifted in tiptronic mode faster and easier than I EVER could.

·
Registered
129 Posts
richmcc said:
Sounds like cognitive problem to me! :D

I am getting an Automatic, because I want an Automatic.
:agree: I need the other hand to flip off the crazy drivers cutting me off. :D

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Superman said:
So...does that mean that none of the 50 manuals will be Redlines? Or could it be possible that 25 of the manuals will be the 25 Redlines? Bottom line, do we have any idea when the manual Redlines will start getting produced?
A few will be picked up today and tomorrow if they come in in time before all the manual transmissions get taken by regular SKYs. As I mentioned before, all these are being picked up for a TPP (Target Production Period) of 8/21 ==> 8/27

In my experience, when a SKY orders goes from Preliminary to Placed, that's when you get your TPP or TPW and then it goes away to never be seen again.

I just tracked an order for one of my customers and I had written on the copy of his order the TPP as it was announced on the Allocation/Constraint Report when his was ordered and it said the TPP was 7/24 ==> 7/30 and his SKY was built TODAY 7/27, so at least that proved that, even though the TPW never appeared on the system it held true to the original Allocation/Constraint Report.

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Thanks for keeping us updated Sky Spy. I always look forward to Thursdays!
Good choice in options for your car too, the only difference on our will be the tranny.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I agree, after I got a TPP on Serenity, it disappeared. However it wasn't built in that TPP. it was over a month later:lol: But that was in the very beginning, things should be a lot smoother now:thumbs: I am anxious about the TPP on my R/L, but a little reserved, guess it comes from experience:D :thumbs:

·
Registered
637 Posts
mbleigh said:
:agree: I need the other hand to flip off the crazy drivers cutting me off. :D
Yours was the only valid reason for buying an automatic.:jester:

I guess I could see buying a standard Sky in automatic...which would be understandable if one were in a position where they sat in traffic alot. But if you're getting a Redline without a manual transmission...it just doesn't make sense.

Why on God's Green Earth would GM only produce automatic Redlines and no manual transmission Redlines to begin with!?:banghead: It really doesn't make sense to me.... so, if I'm 1, 2, or 3, on the list at my dealer and I've requested a Redline with a manual tranny, and number 4 requested an auto...will he get his delivered first!?...that's just ridiculous.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
akinmb said:

I guess I could see buying a standard Sky in automatic...which would be understandable if one were in a position where they sat in traffic alot. But if you're getting a Redline without a manual transmission...it just doesn't make sense.

Why on God's Green Earth would GM only produce automatic Redlines and no manual transmission Redlines to begin with!?:banghead: It really doesn't make sense to me.... so, if I'm 1, 2, or 3, on the list at my dealer and I'v, requested a Redline with a manual tranny, and number 4 requested an auto...will he get his delivered first!?...that's just ridiculous.
Southeast Pennsylvania is one of the most heavily populated areas per square mile in the United States. Traffic sucks, the highways and biways are congested to no end. Taking a trip to the local store 5 minutes away can turn into a 20 minute ride. That's my reason for auto. It makes sense to the person who's ordering it. That'd be like me saying it doesnt make sense for the redline to come in any color but black. Everyone has thier likes and dislikes, bountiful options are good! :D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
akinmb said:

Why on God's Green Earth would GM only produce automatic Redlines and no manual transmission Redlines to begin with!?:banghead: It really doesn't make sense to me.... so, if I'm 1, 2, or 3, on the list at my dealer and I've requested a Redline with a manual tranny, and number 4 requested an auto...will he get his delivered first!?...that's just ridiculous.
See my previous post about it "making sense" :D

This is not a decision by GM to make more Automatics then Manuals. They currently only have enough Manual Tramissions to make that amount. That is why there are constraints. Your scenario is correct number 4 would get picked up to be built before the others, if a manual was not still available.

Whether you agree with it or not, people do want Automatics and GM would be stupid not to build them. But then again your opinion on what type of transmission you want is your personal business as my opinion is mine as well.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I called the Sales Manager and she stated, that if my car was going to be picked it would happen over night and I would not know until tommorrow. Does that sound likely? If so doesn't that mean that my dealer is low on the pecking order.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
They might be using the automated side within the ordering system. A dealer can either match preliminary orders himself with alloted images, or wait till the Sat after Thurs allotments and let the system match them them automatically, with the matching going by priority(1,2,3) etc. My GM chooses to match them himself, which is why I get to sit in when he does my orders, and I get to watch.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts