Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go guys and gals!!!

Here is your Constraint Report for the TPP (Target Production Period) of 8/28 ==> 9/3.

• ZMG67 - SKY RedLine - 40 Available Nationally (20%)
  • MM5 - Manual Transmission - 30 Available Nationally (15%)
  • N87 - Painted Wheels - 0 Available Nationally (0%)

As you all can see, a few more RedLines... :thumbs: But as you can also see, Manual Transmissions are still constrained for those of us who ordered them... :banghead: At this pace I'll never get my RedLine. :eek:

This week we (the store I work for) don't even have a SKY allocation. :mad: We where promised a couple of extras by the Regional Saturn Sales & Service Manager but nothing yet...:brentil:

Regards,

:eek: BA :eek:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Painted Wheels?

Hey Sky Spy,

Thanks for the info!! :thumbs:

I assume the "painted wheels" are the chrome wheels?? :confused: Is this right?

At this rate of production, maybe I'll get one before Christmas - I'm #1 at Saturn of Cerritos. :sleep:

Take care!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RedSky1 said:
Hey Sky Spy,

Take care!
:nono: :nono: :nono:

Painted wheels are the standard wheels... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
444 Posts
RedSky1 said:
Hey Sky Spy,

At this rate of production, maybe I'll get one before Christmas - I'm #1 at Saturn of Cerritos. :sleep:

Take care!
N87 are "painted wheels"

FYI

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Hey SKY SPY;
If i put my deposit down in Jun '06 and don't get my redline til Jun '08 am I price protected? :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kwayne said:
Hey SKY SPY;
If i put my deposit down in Jun '06 and don't get my redline til Jun '08 am I price protected? :mad:
I don't see how you will be on a waiting list for 2 years but anyhow... you are only price protected for the same model year, 2007 in this case. If you end up getting a 2008 then you will pay whatever a 2008 RedLine costs.

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is the thinking the constraint on the manual transmissions a result of the redesign to incorporate the new torque arm? Does anyone know if the torque arms will be installed in both the base and redline Sky's? Quite frankly, I don't mind the delay in the manual allocation, I'm hoping this might put me into the September or later production when they start the installation of the power drivers seat. Until then I'll be patiently waiting and hoping for another one of those mild winters.

No. 1 a my dealer for Redline
Silver Pearl
Red/Black Leather
Manual
Polished wheels
6 disc w/XM

·
Registered
153 Posts
Waiting... waiting

Been on a waiting "list" for every new Harley I ever bought (6 since 1992). Don't mind waiting... when the final product is everything you could hope for... Maybe some improvements will evolve into our cars also.. :thumbs: :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
what the heck is wrong with GM?

Maybe i'm ignorant on this subject, but based on the amount of people in the forum who ordered manual tranny, it seems like 80 to 90 percent should be manuals. If this forumis representative at all for the general US then saturn and gm are making a huge mistake and everyone is going to have to wait longer for no good reason. WTF!?!??!:banghead:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks "SKY Spy"....this particular trend is working for me :lol: as I won't be driving until late Sept (knee replacement 08/24) and if my vehicle doesn't show until early Oct.....thats ok:D . Thanks for the info. Its appreciated.:)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
MattBrenner03 said:
Maybe i'm ignorant on this subject, but based on the amount of people in the forum who ordered manual tranny, it seems like 80 to 90 percent should be manuals. If this forumis representative at all for the general US then saturn and gm are making a huge mistake and everyone is going to have to wait longer for no good reason. WTF!?!??!:banghead:
The constraint on Manuals is not by design, it is limited by supply.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank you everyone for ordering the manual. Perhaps my 5-6 month wait for my Greenie automatic might be done sooner. Not that I wish any of you any ill will or a longer wait.

·
Registered
478 Posts
So the 30 manual transmissions are for both base sky and redline? How do the decide how many to each?

·
Registered
153 Posts
jarcher said:
So the 30 manual transmissions are for both base sky and redline? How do the decide how many to each?
I would think they would go by earliest date priority..... just a guess....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts