Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys and gals, here is the Constraint Report for TPP of 8/7/06 ===> 8/13/06.

• ZMG67 - SKY RedLine (Due to Plant Acceleration Plan)
  • MM5 - Manual Tranny (Due to Supplier Capacity)

If you don't remember, this means that any SKYs picked up for order on today's allocation (We only have ONE allocated) is scheduled to be built on the week of 8/7 to 8/13 and will have the above constraints. In other words, NO REDLINEs and NO MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS will be picked up with this week's allocation. :nono:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
243 Posts
So does this mean that if I am a "Dealer" and the next customer on my waiting list is either a R/L or a Manual Trans I would bypass them and go to the next Base Model/Auto customer(s) to submit for today's allocation(s)? :confused:

Excuse my ignorance -- I'm still trying to make sense out of a lot of this. Without the Forum, I don't know what I would do... :banghead:

Thanks!!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
flyguy115 said:
So does this mean that if I am a "Dealer" and the next customer on my waiting list is either a R/L or a Manual Trans I would bypass them and go to the next Base Model/Auto customer(s) to submit for today's allocation(s)? :confused:

Excuse my ignorance -- I'm still trying to make sense out of a lot of this. Without the Forum, I don't know what I would do... :banghead:

Thanks!!:thumbs:
The simple answer is YES!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I would say NO.

If they did that, and then that might be the end of their allocation. The higher person on the list might not get their car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
SkyHi07 said:
I would say NO.

If they did that, and then that might be the end of their allocation. The higher person on the list might not get their car.
You can san NO - the dealer's going to say YES. A dealer can't refuse or defer an allocation. So whether it goes to the first or second person on the list, a car is going to get built. Those that are offered an allocation should seriously consider before they refuse it, especially if the allocation's for an RL.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Something to ponder...

For today's allocation cycle, here are the transmission constraints:

GXP

Auto - 100%/Manual - 100%

Base Solstice

Auto - 100%/Manual - 30%

RL

None allocated

Base Sky

Auto - 100%/Manual - 0%

Interesting, huh?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
SkyHi07 said:
I would say NO.

My understanding is that if they do not pick-up an allocation, they do not lose one. If they have four people on the list and all want automatics. If there is a constraint on Automatics, none of those orders get picked up. Therefore they still have their allocations.

If that is the case other dealers would be able to get an extra car, however it would count against there allocation. I believe this is how some dealers have cars on their showroom floor while people on the list are still waiting for them.

I am speculating by putting together bits and pieces of what I have heard. So please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
richmcc said:
My understanding is that if they do not pick-up an allocation, they do not lose one. If they have four people on the list and all want automatics. If there is a constraint on Automatics, none of those orders get picked up. Therefore they still have their allocations.

If that is the case other dealers would be able to get an extra car, however it would count against there allocation. I believe this is how some dealers have cars on their showroom floor while people on the list are still waiting for them.

I am speculating by putting together bits and pieces of what I have heard. So please correct me if I am wrong.

I'm a bit confused here. Esp from the change from receiving EDS Images to the current Dealerworld system of picking up prioritized orders already in the system.

If you receive an allocation but do not have any pending orders waiting for pickup, do you get a "pattern order" at that point, retaining your allocation?

Do you have to explicitly take action to opt out of an allocation slot, or simply have no orders queued up for pickup.

Thought I heard somewhere shortly after conversion of a few folks loosing allocation as they were slow to load up pending orders for pickup.
Was this an automated action or an explicit manual penalty?

Can anyone straighten me out here?

·
Registered
17 Posts
In some mysterious, "black box" way, Saturn and Pontiac are deciding which dealers are receiving Sky/Solstice/GXP/RL allocations. It has nothing to do with how the dealers enter and track orders in VOMS. When a dealer receives an allocation, VOMS trys to match it (in order of priority set by the dealer between "1" and "99") to a pending order previously entered by the dealer. If it can't, or there are no pending orders, the allocation is placed as a pattern order. The dealer has until that Tuesday to modify the order. So, if a dealer's going to get 15 Skys and 3 RLs, that's all they're going to get. If they don't pick-up an allocation because of a constraint, they'll receive a pattern ordered car; not a "bonus" car and their original 15/3 allocations.

·
Registered
138 Posts
hey sky spy, great info. question, i'm a canadian waiting since mar.11-06.
when they build canadian cars they have to change the odomitor from miles to kilomitors, also have to add daytime running lights for canadian vehicles. do they set aside a "day" or "week" to produce vehicles that are shipped to canada? if you have any info on this, please pm me. also post for your canadian brothers. thanks.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
BarryH said:
In some mysterious, "black box" way, Saturn and Pontiac are deciding which dealers are receiving Sky/Solstice/GXP/RL allocations. It has nothing to do with how the dealers enter and track orders in VOMS. When a dealer receives an allocation, VOMS trys to match it (in order of priority set by the dealer between "1" and "99") to a pending order previously entered by the dealer. If it can't, or there are no pending orders, the allocation is placed as a pattern order. The dealer has until that Tuesday to modify the order. So, if a dealer's going to get 15 Skys and 3 RLs, that's all they're going to get. If they don't pick-up an allocation because of a constraint, they'll receive a pattern ordered car; not a "bonus" car and their original 15/3 allocations.
I AM SOO!! CONFUSED!:willy: :willy: :willy:

So if a dealer has an allocation of 20 Skies entered in VOM. He receives an allocation, but due to constraints if cannot pickup any of the orders. The dealer now gets a pattern order. So if none of the waiting customers purchases that car one of them will lose their spot?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
richmcc said:
I AM SOO!! CONFUSED!:willy: :willy: :willy:

So if a dealer has an allocation of 20 Skies entered in VOM. He receives an allocation, but due to constraints if cannot pickup any of the orders. The dealer now gets a pattern order. So if none of the waiting customers purchases that car one of them will lose their spot?
Nope. I'm real sure that's it.
We could use confirmation from one "in the know" on this stuff, but sounds like what I've seen myself.

Don't know how it works before pattern orders are set though.
(i.e. redline has no published pattern orders yet, but probably splitting hairs here.)

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is the way I understand it...

I only got one (1) SKY allocated today.

I have 24 SKY on my Preliminary Order List and the 1st one right now is a Bluestone, Automatic, Loaded so this one will go in as a regular order tomorrow morning.

If that 1st car would had been a Manual or a RedLine, the system would look for a Prelim Order that is not within the constraints. The system does 4 passes and if it doesn't find one then it gives the dealer a chance to add an order that will be within the constraints and if there is no such customer order then the retailer will order a SKY for STOCK inventory and move on.

The retailer can't sit on an allocation until the constraint is released. If the retailer sits on this allocation for a week, the GM system will assign a configuration to the dealer and enter it as an order.

In other words, if the retailer doesn't have a customer order they can fill, they will just have to order a SKY whichever way they want as long as it is ordered within the constraints and it will come in as Retailer Stock and not as a Sold Unit.

I hope that clear things up a bit...

Regards,

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
SKY Spy said:
This is the way I understand it...

I only got one (1) SKY allocated today.

I have 24 SKY on my Preliminary Order List and the 1st one right now is a Bluestone, Automatic, Loaded so this one will go in as a regular order tomorrow morning.

If that 1st car would had been a Manual or a RedLine, the system would look for a Prelim Order that is not within the constraints. The system does 4 passes and if it doesn't find one then it gives the dealer a chance to add an order that will be within the constraints and if there is no such customer order then the retailer will order a SKY for STOCK inventory and move on.

The retailer can't sit on an allocation until the constraint is released. If the retailer sits on this allocation for a week, the GM system will assign a configuration to the dealer and enter it as an order.

In other words, if the retailer doesn't have a customer order they can fill, they will just have to order a SKY whichever way they want as long as it is ordered within the constraints and it will come in as Retailer Stock and not as a Sold Unit.

I hope that clear things up a bit...

Regards,

Saying that this allocation became a stock order that pushes everyone on the list back one, which could possibly push the last person to next year, correct?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
richmcc said:
Saying that this allocation became a stock order that pushes everyone on the list back one, which could possibly push the last person to next year, correct?
Worst case scenario, YES!!!

At this point I doubt anyone has any customer orders they can't fill even if it's someone further down the line than others. Remember they can't build what they don't have!!! :nono:

Regards,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts