Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is your Constraint Report for the TPP (Target Production Period) of 9/25 ==> 10/1.

• ZMG67 - SKY RedLine - 150 Available Nationally (60%)
  • MM5 - Manual Transmission - Not Constrained This Week
    [*]N87 - Painted Wheels - 0 Available Nationally (0%)

This brings the SKY RedLine to 503 Nationally.

We STILL DID NOT GET ONE THIS WEEK EITHER!!!!!! :banghead: :mad: :nono: :brentil: :banghead: :mad: :eek:

Regards,

:eek: BA :eek:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great!

When I ordered mine 18 or so days ago :thumbs: my dearler said if I'm lucky I may get mine before Thanksgiving! Do ya feel lucky?!?! Well, do ya?!?

Also, quick stupid question - what does "Not Constrained" on the manual trans mean? I'm assuming it means they're building the hell outta them? :confused:

Thanks for the info!!!

Thornus

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yep, that what it means, manual tranny have a green light. Some of ours better get out of QC soon, or they will be stacked up. Here's hoping someone ventures beyond 4b00 to 4200, someone, anyone!!!!!!!:banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
excuse me sky spy but by my calculations i make it 508 redlines-whatever wooo-hoo :willy: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Great!

When I ordered mine 18 or so days ago :thumbs: my dearler said if I'm lucky I may get mine before Thanksgiving! Do ya feel lucky?!?! Well, do ya?!?

Also, quick stupid question - what does "Not Constrained" on the manual trans mean? I'm assuming it means they're building the hell outta them? :confused:

Thanks for the info!!!

Thornus
Yes, "Not Constrained" means there are plenty of manual boxes to be put in Kappas. "Building the hell outta them"? Hardly. They aren't building the hell out of anything. There are going to be about 5000 Opels, 5000 Daewoos, 10,000 Skys, and 20,000 Solstices for the 2007 production year. If you ordered a regular Sky grab a chair. If you ordered a Redline, reserve a hotel room!!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
We STILL DID NOT GET ONE THIS WEEK EITHER!!!!!! :banghead: :mad: :nono: :brentil: :banghead: :mad: :eek:
SKY Spy, I wonder if you guys are considered part of the same region as us. My dealer here told me (as of Tuesday) that our whole region has not had one RL allocation yet. This is getting really frustrating. We were hoping to have ours by Thanksgiving as well.

My salesguy also mentioned that many of these cars may be going to QC or being sent to GM execs. Anybody know if this is true?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
SKY Spy, I wonder if you guys are considered part of the same region as us. My dealer here told me (as of Tuesday) that our whole region has not had one RL allocation yet. This is getting really frustrating. We were hoping to have ours by Thanksgiving as well.

My salesguy also mentioned that many of these cars may be going to QC or being sent to GM execs. Anybody know if this is true?
All produced R/L's are curently held in an extensive QC, as of today, none have been releashed to ship. As per Deluke earlier, the first 100 or so will be closely scrutinized. Me & Pitcom have been in QC with ours since the 18th. Could be as much as 2 more weeks before release. Inline4aRedline is also a day behind us in the inspection.

·
Registered
153 Posts
excuse me sky spy but by my calculations i make it 508 redlines-whatever wooo-hoo :willy: :cheers:
ditto...:thumbs: At least there's some movement... sooner or later they have to move 'em out. :cheers:

·
Registered
653 Posts
All produced R/L's are curently held in an extensive QC, as of today, none have been releashed to ship. As per Deluke earlier, the first 100 or so will be closely scrutinized. Me & Pitcom have been in QC with ours since the 18th. Could be as much as 2 more weeks before release. Inline4aRedline is also a day behind us in the inspection.
Well, I know all the ones produced so far are being held in QC, but those are ones that are actually allocated to customers. What I am wondering, is out of the 500, how many are strictly allocated to testing/QC/etc. Plus, would be nice to know how many are not actually going to be sold at this time because they are being offered to GM execs.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Spy,

A dumb question. The "TPP" of 9/25- 10/1. Is that the week of production scheduled for orders that were imaged in the past week? I would think they could only image orders knowing the constraints when the order is Imaged. But thats just a hunch. My order was Imaged 8/28.

Thanks! And really appreciate your excelent information!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spy,

A dumb question. The "TPP" of 9/25- 10/1. Is that the week of production scheduled for orders that were imaged in the past week? I would think they could only image orders knowing the constraints when the order is Imaged. But thats just a hunch. My order was Imaged 8/28.

Thanks! And really appreciate your excelent information!
Orders "picked-up" during THIS week's Allocation have a TPP of 9/25 ===> 10/1.

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Well, I know all the ones produced so far are being held in QC, but those are ones that are actually allocated to customers. What I am wondering, is out of the 500, how many are strictly allocated to testing/QC/etc. Plus, would be nice to know how many are not actually going to be sold at this time because they are being offered to GM execs.
All the testing has been done, so all of the builds now are customer/dealer orders. None of these are captured fleet vehicles either.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
:agree: :agree:

And it could be more than 2 weeks. But hope not. And I wouldn't doubt that it will end up being more like 200/300 closely scrutinize.

And don't forget the one's that are still coming off the line will have to have the same tweeking that the first ones get. But once they find the problem they corect the line and they should come off ok after the correction. So if 200 come off the line before the problem is corrected those 200 cars will have to be fixed. This is where the real big hold up could be. It could be 2/3 months. Sorry to say. It depends on the problems.

So if your car is built say 7 weeks after the first 100 were built you can still get it before say the 30/100 car. This is an example.

So it isn't a real bad thing your not built yet.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Once they start production they are pretty much all sellable cars.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sky Spy,

Thanks for the info!!

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Orders "picked-up" during THIS week's Allocation have a TPP of 9/25 ===> 10/1.

Regards,

BA...
My order went to code 2000 this Tuesday 8/28. Does this mean I'll be included for TPP 9/25 - 10/1?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
:agree: :agree:

And it could be more than 2 weeks. But hope not. And I wouldn't doubt that it will end up being more like 200/300 closely scrutinize.

And don't forget the one's that are still coming off the line will have to have the same tweeking that the first ones get. But once they find the problem they corect the line and they should come off ok after the correction. So if 200 come off the line before the problem is corrected those 200 cars will have to be fixed. This is where the real big hold up could be. It could be 2/3 months. Sorry to say. It depends on the problems.

So if your car is built say 7 weeks after the first 100 were built you can still get it before say the 30/100 car. This is an example.

So it isn't a real bad thing your not built yet.

It will give the ones held back the lowest VIN's, which I prefer over first delivery.:thumbs:

·
Registered
28 Posts
When your get the constaint report do they give any indication when the constrained parts will be received? The painted wheels in particular.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
It will give the ones held back the lowest VIN's, which I prefer over first delivery.:thumbs:
I don't care about vin myself. I just want my GXP. We don't drive our Solstice in the winter so I hope I can get it toat least a good month and a half to drive our GXP. Ernest down in Texas you can drive it year round.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts