Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here we go guys and gals!!!

Here is your Constraint Report for the TPP (Target Production Period) of 9/4 ==> 9/10.

  • ZMG67 - SKY RedLine - 30 Available Nationally (15%)
  • MM5 - Manual Transmission - 30 Available Nationally (15%)
  • N87 - Painted Wheels - 0 Available Nationally (0%)

As you all can see, a few more RedLines... :thumbs: Manual Transmissions are still constrained for those of us who ordered them... :banghead:

This brings the SKY RedLine to 121 Nationally

This week we (the store I work for) didn't get a SKY allocation again. :mad:

Regards,

:eek: BA :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
THANKS!!! You are awesome! I just realized that the photo I use for my avatar is one that you took....:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know... Took some great pics that day!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

BA...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
At this rate, I'm not sure if I should be hoping they get delayed enough to push my delivery until spring...or hope to get a few drives out of it before the Chicago winter hits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Pitcom said:
They sure are keeping the red lines limited.
That's terrible. Only 121 so far. I would of hoped they would of had alot more picked up then that in a month. I'm rooting for you guys but this is sad.

Pitcom I'm going to my dealer is about an hour.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
I rarely....RARELY rant...but I can't wrap my head around the fact that only automatic transmission Redlines are being allocated...WHAT THE HECK!? It's a sportscar people!!!! I'm really upset with anyone ANYONE who orders a sportscar in automatic...especially a true performance machine like the Redline.:brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,396 Posts
:agree: :agree: :agree:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Ok....if this is the way its going to go........I'm going to order one of those WW II Sheep skin Bomber Jackets like the B-17 crews wore and just plan on "top-down" driving in the late fall and winter......as that seems to be when we will see our cars :lol: It will be "12 O'clock High" all over again :D I wonder why the drain on 5 speeds? What is with that?:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
akinmb said:
I rarely....RARELY rant...but I can't wrap my head around the fact that only automatic transmission Redlines are being allocated...WHAT THE HECK!? It's a sportscar people!!!! I'm really upset with anyone ANYONE who orders a sportscar in automatic...especially a true performance machine like the Redline.:brentil: :brentil:
Oh my God!!! I ordered an automatic! He must be upset with me! Oh No! :willy: :willy: :willy:

GTFOY!

First off they are not allocating only automatic Redlines I believe everyone on the board who has a Redline that was picked is a manual.

Secondly, and the upteenth time I have said this. Allocations are based on availability not on marketing plans or what has been ordered. The 30% percent manual transmission restrictions is because that is all they have for the Skies, not all they want.

Third, Other people ordering an Automatic makes it more likely that you will get your Sky sooner, since they are not in line for the limited manual transmissions.

Fourth, what F'n business is it of yours, what I order??? None :nono: . I am sick to death of this snotty BS about buying an automatic. You are not driving my automatic so what difference does it make to YOU!

I have my own opinion about people paying 3,000.00 for a 300.00 alarm or 9,000.00 for a sports performance package worth half as much. Unlike my choice of transmission, it really does have an impact on me (since it gives dealers incentive to continue the practice. However, I respect that for some people getting the car a few months earlier is worth it, so I keep them to myself! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
richmcc said:
Oh my God!!! I ordered an automatic! He must be upset with me! Oh No! :willy: :willy: :willy:

GTFOY!

First off they are not allocating only automatic Redlines I believe everyone on the board who has a Redline that was picked is a manual.

Secondly, and the upteenth time I have said this. Allocations are based on availability not on marketing plans or what has been ordered. The 30% percent manual transmission restrictions is because that is all they have for the Skies, not all they want.

Third, Other people ordering an Automatic makes it more likely that you will get your Sky sooner, since they are not in line for the limited manual transmissions.

Fourth, what F'n business is it of yours, what I order??? None :nono: . I am sick to death of this snotty BS about buying an automatic. You are not driving my automatic so what difference does it make to YOU!

I have my own opinion about people paying 3,000.00 for a 300.00 alarm or 9,000.00 for a sports performance package worth half as much. Unlike my choice of transmission, it really does have an impact on me (since it gives dealers incentive to continue the practice. However, I respect that for some people getting the car a few months earlier is worth it, so I keep them to myself! :D
forgive my ignorance...what does GTFOY stand for Get The bleep off ? That's just rude...I guess I hit a nerve with the automatic transmission comment...I'm sorry that working a manual transmission car is just too difficult for you Rich...too bad you won't be driving a sports car the way it is meant to be driven.:jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
akinmb said:
forgive my ignorance...what does GTFOY stand for Get The bleep off ? That's just rude...I guess I hit a nerve with the automatic transmission comment...I'm sorry that working a manual transmission car is just too difficult for you Rich...too bad you won't be driving a sports car the way it is meant to be driven.:jester:
WTFDYTYA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
akinmb said:
forgive my ignorance...what does GTFOY stand for Get The bleep off ? That's just rude...I guess I hit a nerve with the automatic transmission comment...I'm sorry that working a manual transmission car is just too difficult for you Rich...too bad you won't be driving a sports car the way it is meant to be driven.:jester:
Actually it means Get the Bleep Over Yourself! Not much ruder than being disrespectful to other peoples choices.

My problem is with people so arrogant that they think they have the right to tell other people that there choice is wrong or less than, for what is clearly a personal preference.

It is your opinion that all Sky Redlines should be manuals, while you have a right to your opinion, you should realize that it only matters to yourself. You trying to oppose it on others by critizing others choices, is rude, disrespectful, arrogrant and ignorant.

If you wish to say that "FOR MYSELF, I want a manual transmission, because that is way I feel a sports car should be driven" That is one thing to, to imply that people who do not agree with you are not as good as you, only shows your intolerance.

For you to be UPSET that someones make a choice that is different than yours does not make sense. Are you so insecure that everyone has to agree with you? (Before you come back with it, I am not upset that you want to get a manual transmission, only your criticizing of my decision).

I tell you what, if it will make you feel better, you can buy my Redline.:thumbs: That way you can have a say in the transmission. If so I will gladly take it, since I CAN drive a Manual transmission! :D

I am just tired of this "I am better than you because I'm getting a Manual" attitude, that is what struck a nerve in me!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,602 Posts
I can certain attest to the fact that Rich drives a manual just fine, as he drove mine for an entire day,
so he's certainly got his field research in for his choice.
Frankly all I see is a lot of noise here in this discussion which isn't proceeding very well anyway.
There are many claims that the automatic will run out a bit faster than the manual.

This is a persona choice item and just that.
No different than color, IMO.

Let's keep it civil here.
Ultimately, buy the car you and only you will be happy with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
cerberus said:
I can certain attest to the fact that Rich drives a manual just fine, ...
If you "downshifting" from the third to fourth a couple of times is just fine!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

cerberus said:
Let's keep it civil here.
Thats no Fun! :D


cerberus said:
Ultimately, buy the car you and only you will be happy with.
Even if it means someone else will be upset with me? :willy: :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
5 speed constraint

Getting back to the thread, does anyone know what is up with the 5 speed manual constraint? Ever since the plant shutdown in early July they have only allocated 15 to 30 each week (of course, my order was placed shortly after shutdown and has been held up since). Are they making changes, using the transmission in another car, or the supply that far out of whack?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,602 Posts
richmcc said:
Even if it means someone else will be upset with me?
Only upsetting the spouse is significant in the grand scheme of things.

hawkeye said:
does anyone know what is up with the 5 speed manual constraint?
Good question. Could be supplier issues. Could be minor changes.
Could be the mystery torque bar?

marzinair100 said:
What do the %'s represent after the number of units being built for the week?
If I get it right, that's the percentage of cars available to build with that option.
So 15% availability considers the quantity of parts available, (trans, wheels, whatever)
and means that 15% of the cars they can build in that period can have that part (or rpo code.)
Hopefully SkySpy or deluke or someone will fix me up here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
653 Posts
Great news, Sky Spy. Thanks for keeping us posted! When I think about it being 121 nationally, it doesn't seem so little. That's almost 1 for 1/3 of the dealers aroud the country. So we should be getting close to the point where all the big dealers will have at least one allocation.

cerberus, I think you've got the right idea on the percentages stuff. Out of curiousity though, how is the GXP lining up? Are the constraints/week been about the same?
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top