Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow it looks like your generic chevy pick up truck grill....

·
Registered
637 Posts
wow it looks like your generic chevy pick up truck grill....
it reminds me of a little kid grinning ear to ear with braces.:lol:

·
Registered
692 Posts
maybe it will grow on me if i look long enough but I initially thought of a Sky hit in the mouth by a PT cruiser (Sorry). How about some billet Honey Comb instead? Anybody photoshop that into a picture?

Imaged KGKH3X 23/06/06
Built 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
4200 Shipped 8/14/06
At the dealer 8/30/06
In My garage!! 8/31/06
VIN#8059
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake
Mud Guards? I see 'em on there, don't remember ordering that?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i myself like the KAPPA one and will prob get it.
Are you refering to a honey comb like this?

·
Registered
18,107 Posts
interesting...but no cigar yet...an almost. I like the center grill but the one by the fog lamps...something just doesn't fly...my opinion...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I don't like it either. The front end of this car is PERFECT...why mess with it?

At night from a distance my car looks like an exotic...I will not be doing any appearance mods at all. This is a vision of perfection...almost like Angelina Jolie on wheels.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I think that looks pretty sweet actually...I wouldn't get it because I don't want to interfere with the air intake on my redline...but that looks cool.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
post #16 by YellowSky, great photo shop job.

The honey comb mesh would look better if the lines were straight across like the chrome bar in front of it. They are angled upward which looks like someone was trying to save money and get all pieces off one sheet of material.

The Kappa one, the bent bars in the side section ... It just is not "wow".
Maybe with some distance or different shots it could take on a more impressive look.

But I am in agreement that the front end is "WoW" already. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
post #16 by YellowSky, great photo shop job.

The honey comb mesh would look better if the lines were straight across like the chrome bar in front of it. They are angled upward which looks like someone was trying to save money and get all pieces off one sheet of material.

But I am in agreement that the front end is "WoW" already. :thumbs:
The mesh grill pieces are actually a real product offered by a non-supporting vendor... but VERY expensive.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
:lol:
HHHHHHHHHmmmmmm............. Just not for Missy and I.
It don't move me, why change an already great looking ride? You cannot improve on perfection:thumbs: They remind me of a lowrider, something like that you might as well go ahead and replace the wheels with rollers:lol: :lol: :lol: Spend the money on performance mods:thumbs:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Now this I don't mind so much with the silver graphit. I don't think it would look good with any other color.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I actually do not like either grill package.

The first one just looks like too much chrome, and it just clutters the front end. I think the open air vents actually give the car a more muscular look anyhow. You don't see a Camry with a great big vent up front for an intercooler, or brake vents for that matter.

As for the Second Grill shown, It at least is more pleasing on the eye, but when I see it, i immediately think of the Cadillac CTS. That honey comb pattern and size is almost identical to the CTS, and I'd rather not have my sky look like another car, because that's were much of the appeal comes from. Not that I don't like the CTS, but if i wanted a CTS, I would've bought one.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It always amuses me that one of the main reasons people buy this car is for it's looks, and as quickly as they can, they are trying to change it. I know anyone can do anything they like to their car bit I happen to love the basic hot look and would never do anything to change it. I love the blackout grills and maybe because my car is black. There is a fine line between just enough chrome and too much. If I added all that chrome to my car, thats all you would see and that would take away from the beautiful styling.

·
Registered
994 Posts
:agree: :agree: My wife wonders the same thing also. Why ruin what is already a great looking car?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts