Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Members - I am pretty new here, having just purchased my 07 2.4 in March, but I found something unsettling yesterday. I've only put the top down once before yesterday and it didn't feel Smith. Then yesterday I notice, in the corner by the driver seat what looked like a piece of the top frame just dangling, that seemed to have scratched the little flip cover. My research shows it is likely the "lateral link" and it has somehow either come undone or broken. Anyone know if this is a repair worth trying on my own or should I bring it to the Chevy dealer I trust. I'm in Pittsburgh.
Thank you.
Todd

·
Registered
398 Posts
My 2007 Base with both the original top and my replacement top, the bars that contacts the open tulip doors, is tight. I wire-tied modest-thickness wraps to each bar to soften the contact. What was originally there seemed inadequate when new and being worn now, made matters worse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2007 Base with both the original top and my replacement top, the bars that contacts the open tulip doors, is tight. I wire-tied modest-thickness wraps to each bar to soften the contact. What was originally there seemed inadequate when new and being worn now, made matters worse.
I found that it the rod somehow unscrewed from the base piece. I'll get it reattached after work. Might not be a huge deal after all. Whew...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Given I recently replaced my convertible top assembly (Thanks to Hoosier GXP) I can say that you should be able to access anything you want by disassembling just a few things as follows.
  • Open the trunk.
  • Pop out the two rubber drain tubes from the trunk floor, one at each side.
  • Remove the bolt on one end, the nut on the other end of the long bar (roughly 2.5 feet long) that attaches the canvas to the raised area of the trunk floor. It is directly under and across the entire rear window.
  • Lift up everything you loosened and you should have complete access.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Given I recently replaced my convertible top assembly (Thanks to Hoosier GXP) I can say that you should be able to access anything you want by disassembling just a few things as follows.
  • Open the trunk.
  • Pop out the two rubber drain tubes from the trunk floor, one at each side.
  • Remove the bolt on one end, the nut on the other end of the long bar (roughly 2.5 feet long) that attaches the canvas to the raised area of the trunk floor. It is directly under and across the entire rear window.
  • Lift up everything you loosened and you should have complete access.
Thanks for the guidance. I may be able to access the pieces I need to workout doing any removal, which would be great. We'll see...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts