Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Black 2008 Saturn Sky Redline (manual)
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is anything that can be repaired, but it's just a minor niggle that I was hoping to fix. There is a rubber piece that doesn't tuck under the fabric over the passenger window. It also exposes some of the underlying white fabric lining. Just looking for advice on what I can do about it, if anything.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I also have it on the drivers side. I have tucked the material back under the canvas but it pops right back out after I put the top down and back up again.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I don't have that particular problem, but a different annoyance when putting up my top.

I often find the top getting pinched above the area you picture. It happens as I am extending it toward the windshield. I have learned to catch it before "the pinch", stop, lift up the material, then proceed. It happens more often on the passenger side, less often on the driver side. I wonder if it has to do with the all those elastic straps loosing their "pull" over the years.

·
Super Moderator
6,459 Posts
I don't have that particular problem, but a different annoyance when putting up my top.

I often find the top getting pinched above the area you picture. It happens as I am extending it toward the windshield. I have learned to catch it before "the pinch", stop, lift up the material, then proceed. It happens more often on the passenger side, less often on the driver side. I wonder if it has to do with the all those elastic straps loosing their "pull" over the years.
There is a plastic piece in the joint that prevents that. Yours is apparently worn or missing.

There have been several discussions about it on the Solstice forum.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the particular area where the window gasket is split, there is a cable that runs through the protruding portion of the top. Not sure if there's a way to take up slack on that cable or if that's even the problem.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perhaps...a strong double sided tape will temporarily fix it....
I wonder if the problem isn't that some sort of adhesive has come undone. At this point, without fully understanding how it works internally or how it's assembled, I'm just shooting in the dark.

·
Registered
18,029 Posts
A Shot in the Dark.....Peter Sellers. This has nothing to do with the issue....but on the drivers side if u run your hand towards the back....there is a small compartment between the rag top and liner for storage...just something us ole timers know.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A Shot in the Dark.....Peter Sellers.
I'm fairly new around here. Can't say that I know who that is or how to contact him. Is that his user name? I did a brief forum search and didn't see anything very useful.

·
Super Moderator
6,459 Posts
I'm fairly new around here. Can't say that I know who that is or how to contact him. Is that his user name? I did a brief forum search and didn't see anything very useful.
I am getting way too old .... Try Google, or IMDb.

Peter Sellers was an actor who starred in (among many others) the Pink Panther movies as Inspector Clouseau. One of those movies was titled "A Shot In The Dark".

Reactions: Vibro

·
Registered
18,029 Posts

Peter Sellers was an actor who starred in (among many others) the Pink Panther movies as Inspector Clouseau. One of those movies was titled "A Shot In The Dark".
The members are too young....join the Old Persons Club. LOL

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, I know who Peter Sellers is. I was just so focused on finding an answer that it just didn't click!

·
Registered
18,029 Posts
Click on Dr Strangelove and How I Loved the Bomb....another CLASSIC. He plays about 5 different roles in that movie.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've seen strangelove. Can't say I have the other. I'll have to check it out. 👍

·
Registered
18,029 Posts
I've seen strangelove. Can't say I have the other. I'll have to check it out. 👍
It is the same movie..LOL That was the AND How I LOVED THE BOMB. Slim Pickins rides the nuclear bomb literally down in Russia. Very Funny movie during the cold war.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Hysterical-masterful movie. One of Peter Sellers best works and the best of Clouseau saga IMO.
True art never gets old. It is as liking Johann Sebastian Bach or Velazquez.

I also get the pinch at the passenger side btw. A bit anoying having to free it manually everytime i deploy the roof but not big deal really. Would be nice to fix it though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts