Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side rear top locate pin will not stay in place when i snap down the Buttress. This is the pin thats at the front edge at the bottom side of the top. The top lifts up and creates a gap there when the buttress is snapped down. Anybody notice this issue with their Sky ?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
My passenger side rear top locate pin will not stay in place when i snap down the Buttress. This is the pin thats at the front edge at the bottom side of the top. The top lifts up and creates a gap there when the buttress is snapped down. Anybody notice this issue with their Sky ?
Take the Sky to the dealership. Your ball and socket has popped on that side. The fix is in a tech bullitan and doesn't take long to fix. If you want to concur, lay the top back a bit and see if the top buckleing part is moveable sideways .You should be able to see it popped out of position..Iffen I remember the fix is a metal ball and not a plastic one....Search on forum for ball and socket on the top and you will see....Skip...:) :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take the Sky to the dealership. Your ball and socket has popped on that side. The fix is in a tech bullitan and doesn't take long to fix. If you want to concur, lay the top back a bit and see if the top buckleing part is moveable sideways .You should be able to see it popped out of position..Iffen I remember the fix is a metal ball and not a plastic one....Search on forum for ball and socket on the top and you will see....Skip...:) :)

Skip. i am taking the car to the dealer monday, he is not aware of this problem. Is there a service bulletin about this ?
Thanks

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Skip. i am taking the car to the dealer monday, he is not aware of this problem. Is there a service bulletin about this ?
Thanks
I don't think there is a tech bulletin but other forum members have had the same problems with the socket and ball....Skip...:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts