Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if both convertible tops (black and tan) are made out of the same material (cloth). Someone said that the tan might be make out of vinyl (easier to clean). All you tan lids out there, please let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I've seen a tan lid upclose (on Skybaby's car), and it's definitely cloth.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Its Cloth

My tan roof is cloth. It looks good and treated with 303 it repels water and dirt and has sunscreen protection and keeps on looking good.:D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Linda and Sunneysky. I guess that answers my question.:thumbs:

Sunneysky, do you think you could send me a few pics of your car....with the lid up and with the lid down with the interior showing. I'm thinking of getting that same combination but keep going back and forth with my decision..:drool:

With much appreciation and thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh sorry Sunneysky....misread the interior color...I'm thinking of getting White with the tan/blk - tan lid. But you can still send the pics, I'm sure it's a beaut!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
meant EXTERIOR color....it's been a long day.:)

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
SunneySky said:
My tan roof is cloth. It looks good and treated with 303 it repels water and dirt and has sunscreen protection and keeps on looking good.:D
SunneySky, I also treated my top with 303. It seems to work well. Water beads up like I think it should. I didn't use RaggTopp because I could buy 303 locally without ordering over the internet. My question is how often do you have to use the 303? Once a year, once a month?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Who is "303" made by, I haven't seen it before?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have my replacement tops for my Pony GT made in SoCal (San Diego) out of very rugged sail cloth, treated of course. It lasts forever, looks fantastic and is tough as nails! $500.00 for the whole package, labor included. I'll lay money the little shop I use will be doing my replacement top.
Imaged 23/06/06
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Who is "303" made by, I haven't seen it before?
I don't know if there is a supporting vendor that sells it, but I hope so. Here is a manufacturer link that discusses treatment of outdoor fabrics (convertible tops) with 303: http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=316

303 is a protectant used in the aerospace industry, and it is a water repellent AND sunscreen for your car (or anything left outside). It works on plastic, rubber, vinyl, finished leather, and outdoor fabrics (a separate product). I think it protects better and looks better than other protectant products such as Armor All, but it is also more expensive.

I have been using this product on airplanes, RVs and cars for years. I usually apply every 3-6 months, but it depends how long your vehicles are left out in the elements. Living in Arizona now, and looking around at untreated Miatas and other cars, I can see that using a sunscreen protectant will be critical to keeping my new Sky looking good for years to come. I can't recommend it highly enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts