Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any cool group shots that you can post?

Last weekend, the Phoenix Solstice Club and the Sky Southwest Club made a run up to Sedona, and we took a bunch of photos, but my favorite is this one:

I think it would be cool to take photos every year at the same spot, and see how our local clubs evolve. You can see more photos of our Sedona/Flagstaff trip in this thread (including the Kokopelli Kappas photo): http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6722

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
very cool hopefully i can get one of those photos with the south FL skys

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have not seen the Sky and Solstice so close together for comparison. Makes me think how much better the Sky looks.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KanMan said:
I have not seen the Sky and Solstice so close together for comparison. Makes me think how much better the Sky looks.
As we sat in the restaurant looking at our eight cars parked right out the window, we started comparing them. It is amazing how much of the styling for the Solstice comes from Porsche, and how much the Skys look like the new Corvettes. So, everything being the same under the hood, I think it comes down to a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
GREAT PICTURE! Very professional, looks like it would be the cover art for a roaster comparision issue of Car and Driver.

How'd you get the shot elevated up like that? Its a terrific shot angle.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1994SC2 said:
GREAT PICTURE! Very professional, looks like it would be the cover art for a roaster comparision issue of Car and Driver. How'd you get the shot elevated up like that? Its a terrific shot angle.
We had an SUV along as our "chase car," you know the car that holds all our extra people and gear. The photographer stood on the roof.

Here is another decent photo taken from the "chase car" who went ahead of us down the canyon and waited for us to turn the corner (that's my "Storm" in front!).

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
richm said:
As we sat in the restaurant looking at our eight cars parked right out the window, we started comparing them. It is amazing how much of the styling for the Solstice comes from Porsche, and how much the Skys look like the new Corvettes. So, everything being the same under the hood, I think it comes down to a matter of personal preference.
:agree: :agree:

This is so true because when I see them together I think, boy the Sky is nice but doesn't compare to the Solstice. I never liked the corvette but loved the Jag XKE which is somewhat the style of the Solstice.But this is my personal preference.

Great picture though. I think GM did a great job with both these cars. There isn't another car that compares in looks to either of these .

·
Registered
453 Posts
Awesome!!

richm said:

Last weekend, the Phoenix Solstice Club and the Sky Southwest Club made a run up to Sedona, and we took a bunch of photos, but my favorite is this one:

I think it would be cool to take photos every year at the same spot, and see how our local clubs evolve. You can see more photos of our Sedona/Flagstaff trip in this thread (including the Kokopelli Kappas photo): http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6722
:thumbs: Wow, what a great picture!! That is too awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Terry

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thank you .... this was the best of 4 or 5. I was very pleased to have both my red and blue solstices with the red and blue skys for comparison...we put 500 mile breaking on the blue one this trip....Each owner has a special ride (or two) and can appreciate the other design. The red sky was very sporty looking being followed down the twisties...tough to shoot the pics one handed over the windscreen while shifting.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

THANX Rich!!!

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
denette said:
Thank you .... this was the best of 4 or 5. I was very pleased to have both my red and blue solstices with the red and blue skys for comparison...we put 500 mile breaking on the blue one this trip....Each owner has a special ride (or two) and can appreciate the other design. The red sky was very sporty looking being followed down the twisties...tough to shoot the pics one handed over the windscreen while shifting
"Denette" took this great photo, and braved standing on the roof, and on top of that side railing for some other shots he took (with Sedona's red rocks in the background). This is a man who is willing to put his life on the line for his club!

Not only that, he and his wife drove BOTH of their Solstices on this trip, and hers was just two days old that day. Of course, my wife studied this situation very carefully, and then she stared me down and said, "Naw, I'll just wait for a redline."

·
Registered
804 Posts
richm said:

Now if we could only do that on the Mackinaw Bridge with the sunset behind it...
Your photo is a great shot, and very unique! Kudo's to the one who thought it up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
this is my favorite group photo to date. Great Job, it's awesome!

·
Registered
308 Posts
SolWhat? said:
26 or so, Can you find the 2 Skys?
ok on the first picture back row 4th car in from the left
and front row 4th one in from the right

and on the second pictue it is the yellow one

·
Registered
141 Posts
Fellow Red Car Club member

denette said:
The red sky was very sporty looking being followed down the twisties...tough to shoot the pics one handed over the windscreen while shifting.....:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the compliment, Phil. I was happy to see a Sol in Red too. I feel like we're related!

......and a good time was had by all.......

~Donna

·
Registered
141 Posts
The fearless Photographer

richm said:
We had an SUV along as our "chase car," you know the car that holds all our extra people and gear. The photographer stood on the roof.

Here is another decent photo taken from the "chase car" who went ahead of us down the canyon and waited for us to turn the corner (that's my "Storm" in front!).
What people won't do for that perfect shot! And it was perfect. Thanks Phil.

Rich--sorry I didn't get a shot of you climbing that hill.........I was too far back then.:)

~Donna

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
:agree: :agree: ... I can't see these on the old desert dialup so sorry for the delay. Thanks for the pic...and Rich's great idea...DSL next week...I promise.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Here's some from our Beach Drive in June.

Only SKYs here (not that there's anything wrong with a Solstice)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts