Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I drove a C6 in Vegas a few weeks ago and a Solstice. One thing I liked about both cars is the view you have over the hood, bulging, the Vette more "V" shaped, the Solstice 2 rounded humps over the wheels, but equally cool.

When you look out the window of the sky do you get the same "V", the cars look very similar?

·
Registered
351 Posts
TOY4TWO said:
I drove a C6 in Vegas a few weeks ago and a Solstice. One thing I liked about both cars is the view you have over the hood, bulging, the Vette more "V" shaped, the Solstice 2 rounded humps over the wheels, but equally cool.

When you look out the window of the sky do you get the same "V", the cars look very similar?
I drove the 06 Vette at Revitup in Hialeah Florida last weekend.
If I had the extra cash I would rather have a Vette but I believe that the SKY handles better. I wish I could have taken the SKY around the track.
As for the view over the hood...yes very Vette like.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just remember how much change you will have in your pocket if you get the Sky each time you look at the 'vette in the next lane.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have both and I have noticed that from the cockpit the simularities are quite astonishing. Seating is, quite franking, the same. Looking out over the hood, no difference. Turning radius is tighter. We had it on the lift yesterday at All-Star Tire and the similarities of the suspension is unfreakinbelievable!!! However, throttle response is, well, no need to go there. All and all a GREAT car!!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yup!

VinnyG said:
I have both and I have noticed that from the cockpit the simularities are quite astonishing. Seating is, quite franking, the same. Looking out over the hood, no difference. Turning radius is tighter. We had it on the lift yesterday at All-Star Tire and the similarities of the suspension is unfreakinbelievable!!! However, throttle response is, well, no need to go there. All and all a GREAT car!!!

But a few mods and the Sky may have a little more get up and go! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
VinnyG said:

Nice wheels!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Every time I see a new Vette I think . o O(Two SKYs and $5000 in the bank...) :cheers: :lol: :cheers: :cool:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
VinnyG said:

I am quite sure that I HATE you!!!!:D :brentil:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
C6 to Sky

:D
When I finally get my Red Line Sky, hubby and I will have to find a track, maybe Hallet Oklahoma and do our own comparison. After driving the Sky I agree its the same thrill and view as a corvette. One of the reasons I decided to wait on a red line its not near the raw power but I do believe it will keep up no problem. What I really want to compare is the handling we got the Z51 handling package on the vette so it handles better then most but will the Sky handle better? I will have to post sometime in the far far future when I finally get my Sky. :driving:

TulsaSky

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
marklynn70 said:
Nice wheels!
NICE rims on your Sky! Driving the Vette sure was fun, just a bit out of my price range at the moment :) It made me a believer in American Supercars though.

·
Registered
727 Posts
chris67 said:
But a few mods and the Sky may have a little more get up and go! :thumbs:
:D Yeah, a few, and a few more, and a few more on top of that! It will take some cash to get that Sky up to 400 HP.... (LS2 conversion anyone?) :D

Both are cool cars. I'd take the Vette over a kappa too, if I had the finances to do it comfortably. However, i would not throw a Sky out of my garage either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts