Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Wal-Mart today (gallons of Turkey Hill were 75 cents) and I saw a Solstice Powerwheels on a big display. There is a link to the product below.

I wonder if there would be a chance the Sky could follow suit? If so I know Ernest would have his grandkids Christmas gifts picked out. And what other product tie-ins might be coming our way?

I will say this, if there is a Sky powerwheels before a diecast model I'll be very upset.

Solstice Powerwheels Link: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4087955

...haha and notice, like the real thing, its out of stock.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I saw the Cinderella Solstice at Wal-Mart today too. When I was little I had a Powerwheels Red Corvette. That was my favorite toy!

·
Registered
173 Posts
That is just too adorable.....

·
Registered
804 Posts
NCRedLine said:
I saw the Cinderella Solstice at Wal-Mart today too. When I was little I had a Powerwheels Red Corvette. That was my favorite toy!
Saw it too, actually my 5 year old saw it and thought his 8 year old brother would love to have it as it matched our Sky. I had to show him it was a Sol, not a Sky, but he didn't care. Boy, marketing really knows how to lure the kids in...and with time marketing also knows how to lure the old kids into getting the real thing too, but the price tag is a wee bit higher.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Oh my

The only thing worse than that is if someone where to make a full size Solstice look like the toy.

My dad recently bought a Sky - and also has a 1959 Pontiac Bonneville - he looke for years tyring to find a pedal car to match (no luck so far) that eh could keep in the trunk as a spare - of course the trunk on a 1959 Boneville is bug enough to hold about 4 adults.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I hope they make the Sky in a solid color and market it towards boys. You know, so it doesn't get the Miata reputation :lol:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Power wheels

so many of you know I have a young boy and I'm wanting to get him a powerwheels, I came accross this one that sorda looks like a sky. look at the steering wheel is that no off our car??? theres the headlights that kinda look skyish.. 10 spoke rims (special edition much) of course it could also be modeled after an SLK but I'm going to say its as close to a sky as we are gonna get....:grin:

12V Ride on Car Kids RC Car Remote Control Electric Power Wheels W/ Radio & MP3 | eBay

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Definitely the headlights look like a Sky! Get some decals made or buy some Sky logo stuff and add where needed!

·
Registered
750 Posts
found out it was actually modeled after an Merc, so I got a Ferrari LaFerrari instead.... Maybe someday they will make a classic Powerwheels Sky and I'll spend way too much money on it.. :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Not a Sky but still freakin cool:cheers: I can't believe the first ferrari I buy, My son ends up driving first $%(#Q&*&).. I love that little boy!!

Attachments

Reactions: Robert Neighbours
1 - 14 of 14 Posts