Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't figure this one out.
2007 sky redline. I've no problems until today.
Battery life was shot. Had to pop the clutch to get it started. Took it in to have a new battery put in it.
Prior to this I would charge the battery and start the car but the speakers would come on full blast. I thought it was the radio so I disconnected it and the car speakers will still come on. It would eventually stop untill I turn on my signal or turn on the hazard lights or turn the car off and restart. Any idea what it is?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I must be misunderstanding something here. You disconnected the radio, but the speakers are still coming on loud? What is coming through them?Are they just playing loud static? Is that the same thing they were doing before the radio was disconnected or is this different?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, just static. then after aprox a minute it stops untill yiu turn you signals on or the fasten you seat belts chime comes on then it starts again for about 10 seconds or so.
Someone told me it might be the amplifier.

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
Yes, just static. then after aprox a minute it stops untill yiu turn you signals on or the fasten you seat belts chime comes on then it starts again for about 10 seconds or so.
Someone told me it might be the amplifier.
"Someone" may be correct, but it could also be the radio. The turn signal clicks and warning chimes are sounds generated by the radio and sent to the amplifier.

·
Registered
271 Posts
From personal experience, if its a problem with this amp its a deadening of sound, or lack there of entirely. Static is usually more caused by the head unit or possibly wiring.
That is not to say that it couldnt be doing something different for you. As John hinted toward, all of this system is connected. Anything could be causing a problem with anything else.

I once replaced my door speakers because i was sure an issue was a dead crossover in the speaker. Turned out to be the amp. Best bet is to try one thing at a time, if possible, and see what is broken or loose.

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
....... I thought it was the radio so I disconnected it and the car speakers will still come on. .......
I missed this on my first read. How exactly did you disconnect the radio?

Does your car have the Monsoon audio system with a subwoofer? You would have a US8, US9, and/or a UQ3 in the RPO code list on the inside of the glovebox door.

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
"Someone" may be correct, but it could also be the radio. The turn signal clicks and warning chimes are sounds generated by the radio and sent to the amplifier.
This probably has nothing to do with this...or...but popping the clutch in our cars is verboten.

·
Registered
393 Posts
There is a ground wire that runs through the center console and on mine, it has caused an electrical hum when it's hot outside. After the hum goes away it's static-ie for several minutes until everything cools down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts