Saturn Sky Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Current vehicle is a 2005 MINI Cooper S. This car is a blast to drive, but I've become smitten with the SKY.... Other vehicles I've owned (from first to last):

64 Chevy Malibu
66 Chevelle SS
65 Impala SS,
65 Cadillac Coupe de Ville
64 Impala SS Conv
70 Buick Skylark
68 Isuzu Bellet (when living in Japan)
69 VW bus camper,
80 Ford Fairmont
80 Dodge Aspen SW
70 Impala SW
65 Pontiac GTO
66 Pontiac Bonneville SW
87 Hyundai Excel (what was I thinking?)
80 Ford Mustang II
70 Ford LTD
80 Ford T-Bird
93 Chevy Blazer S10
73 Dodge Dart
95 Ford T-Bird
85 Suzuki MC GS550
96 Suzuki Marauder
88 Mazda RX7
97 Yamaha Royal Star
00 Dodge Dakota
00 GMC Sierra
02 Avalanche

Yeah, that's a few..... My fave had to be the 66 ChevelleSS... That was a hot car....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Good Lord, that's a lot of cars, Ghost! :lol:

My current ride is a 95 Dodge Avenger....I love it to death but it's getting tired. Hope my new Sky will be as good!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Okay Ghost, my first question is, are you going to have more loyalty to your Saturn Sky then you were ALLLLLL of your other cars? How many do you still have, if any You couldn't have had any of them for too long, unless you collect them, right? Wow, that's a lot of cars. :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Okay Ghost, my first question is, are you going to have more loyalty to your Saturn Sky then you were ALLLLLL of your other cars? How many do you still have, if any You couldn't have had any of them for too long, unless you collect them, right? Wow, that's a lot of cars. :eek:
Yeah, well, I'm 50.... also, the cars one buys when a teenager tend to *evolve* and become donor cars for *upgraded* models. That list began in 1971..... Some of the vehicles (ie the motorcycles) were from my first mid life crisis... that lasted until I totaled the Royal Star, so I realized I better keep my butt off of em.... (I was fortunate, no lasting injury... the bike didn't fare so well)...

And some of the cars I owned while in the Air Force, so my ownership was limited to when I changed duty stations...

ANYWAY, I like my current vehicle, the MINI "S", but I have a couple of issues with it. The gas mileage is wonderful, (especially coming from the Avalanche I traded on it back in January).

So, that being said, I went bonkers when I saw the Solstice....but the nose on it turned me off some... Then just recently, I spotted an advertisement in Wired Magazine for the SKY... wow... instant karma.... (The only thing I don't care for is the OnStar. I'd rather not have it equipped that way,especially with the usually ugly onstar antenna). But one has to take the good with the *bad* I suppose...

So, it's great to be here. I was very active on one of the Avalanche sites, and the forums have a way of evolving into more about the people than the vehicle....

(Sorry for the long reply).... Ghost...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
OK here we go...

1st Car I drove - 1980 Dodge Omni (What a piece of crap...)
2nd Car I drove - 1980 Honda Accord Sedan 5 speed. (Nice car...)
3rd - 1985 Honda Civic Std HB No A/C, 4 speed manual, 1.3 liter, vinil seats. (I had so much fun with this one in High School)
4th - 1988 Honda Accord Sedan LX (Nice car)
5th - 1989 Honda Civic Si HB White. ( My first NEW car. I loved this one. Totalled it 8 months after buying it :mad: )
6th - 1990 Honda Civic Si HB Red. (Replaced the one above. Had lots of fun on this one too...)
7th - 1983 Olds Cutlass Cruiser WAGON. (Owned it for a year till it started acting up)
8th - 1985 Ford Taurus Wagon. (Another one that was good for only a year)
9th - 1994 Ford Taurus GLE. (Loved the car but it ended up being the biggest piece of $hit I had ever owned)
10th - 1990 Honda CRX Si. This is the Favorite one!!! (Owned it for 3 years, loved it to death. I had it modified to beat on Mustangs. It was sacrificed to make mortgage payments. :brentil: )
11th - Current Car - 2000 Honda CIvic DX HB Auto. Wife's car (Bought it new in 4/00. Currently has only 52k miles.)
12th - Current Car - 1988 Honda Accord Sedan LX Auto. My commute back and forth vehicle. (Everything works, A/C, all power, etc.)

Nothing to brag about except for the 89' & 90" Civic Si's. Pretty impressive to have a new car to go to college and I was paying for them (at least most of the payment) by working at Domino's Pizza for $3.35 per hour on weekends.

One day I will be able to buy something I can brag about.

Regards,

BA...
....no Saturn? :D JK

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Lost Sol said:
....no Saturn? :D JK
The wording here would be not yet!!! :lol:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
The wording here would be not yet!!! :lol:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
:D ... that is what I figured. :cheers:

PS: I bet the Sky will be many peoples first Saturn!​

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I don't disagree that this will be some peoples first Saturn but if they are like me it will not be their last. I started with and will be keeping my 2003 Saturn Vue. With the look of vehicles to come I am sure there will be another a few years from now. :cheers:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Howdy.

Currently drive a 2005 Dodge Ram 4x4 with a HEMI....well I park it a lot. :banghead:

Best Car/Fun Car
1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX ... the most fun I've had driving. If you count the Mini Cooper Test drive, that was super too.

Bradley

·
Registered
141 Posts
1990 Eclipse GST- fun but too much trouble, just sold it for $600 :(
1996 SL2- modestly modded, not exactly a sports car but more fun than a civic/corolla of its time

·
Registered
35 Posts
Current: 2003 Maxima GLE
2005 Ford 500
2006 Pontiac Solstice

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/26819322291.jpg&s=x4

Favorite: Honorable Mention-74 Opel Manta Rally
Moms Aquamarine Green Pacer (perfect donut and figure 8 car in the snow & dirt)

Favorite-68 SS Camaro 327 4 speed factory console & tach Hooker headers and Hooker side pipes, spoiler and 308 rear. Brought 1st out to 70 (spedometer error?) 2nd to 108 and never tried third. Craig powerplay 8 track-damn that sound system was loud!

Now I'd like to know what else this guy has!

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/27120362796.jpg&s=x4 :eek: :eek:

Think he likes red?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lost Sol said:
Marco,
Good to see you over here ... are you going to buy a Sky, as well? :confused:
I had a couple of Sky sighting's that I wanted to pass the word. I'm sure these folks are much like the Solstice members except earlier.

I have a old neighbor that is a Saturn dealer. I brought my Solstice there prior to the touring Sky that arrived last week to give them an opportunity to see what their going to have fun selling next year.
Its fun to see that the dealers are getting as big a kick out of this car as the customers are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
current cars

In my driveway is my 01 Winstar, great for all 7 Boxers, 89 F250 which is also my hauler for a 36ft 5th wheel and my favorite toy is my 67 Chev Impala convertable. Soon there will be a Sunny Sky or a Red Sky in the group as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Current Cars:
2000 Saturn LS2
2003 Saturn VUE (awd)
Past:
1995 Saturn SL2
1981 Chevy Malibu wagon (crap)
1978 VW bus
1962 Ford Falcon wagon (for the beach)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Drivin'

Currently driving:
2001 Saturn SC2 LTD (Yellow Limited, 1 of 99 made)
1996 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (my moped with attitude)

Best car would have to be my first: 1979 Ford Fiesta. That little beastie ran, and ran, and ran. And... was totally wrenchable.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts