Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pics of my mangnaflow custom exhaust. (Same as redsky)

The last pic shows the magnaflow muffler used

·
Registered
877 Posts
Looks Great.........:thumbs:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Do you mind if I ask what this modification cost?
Looks great.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
TX-Sky said:
Do you mind if I ask what this modification cost?
Looks great.
$400 bucks even! Muffler, tips and labor. It was no tax week in Mass.

·
Registered
255 Posts
migg750 said:
$400 bucks even!
Did the muffler shop cut the second hole or did you cut it? Also, was this a kit or did the shop bend the pipes to fit the muffler?

Lots of questions, not enough answers.

Larry

·
Registered
18,019 Posts
it is dual outlet muffler...look at the pic that is provided with the muffler number. You can now purchase the R/L rear panel/fascia...it is part#15858805...costs about $250.00

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sounds nice and throaty!! Really turns heads now when driving by. The shop with a dremmel and a cardboard template ( traced from other side) cut it out. Took her to the dealer today for my FREE oil change and they were amazed, looked so stock. They told me get some super fine sandpaper and noone will ever know u cut it out. The pipes were bent by the shop, they cut the stock pipe just after the cat. Welded the tips on. Feels faster a tiny bit but it could just be the sound factor and me wanting to hear her roar!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sweet I will place my order for the rear facia so I can get my done....

·
Registered
877 Posts
Might have to take a trip to mass....... How long did they have the car for?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
marlboromike said:
it is dual outlet muffler...look at the pic that is provided with the muffler number. You can now purchase the R/L rear panel/fascia...it is part#15858805...costs about $250.00
can your dealer actually order this part today?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SKYRCKET said:
Sweet I will place my order for the rear facia so I can get my done....
IMHO a waste of money. Like I said the dealer couldnt even tell until he was touching it with his fingers then said "if you use a file on this no one will ever know"

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
vstar said:
Might have to take a trip to mass....... How long did they have the car for?
It took less than 90 Minutes. The tips on one side didnt quite match the other side so he redid the tips. Finished product looks professional!!

·
Registered
877 Posts
migg750 said:
IMHO a waste of money. Like I said the dealer couldnt even tell until he was touching it with his fingers then said "if you use a file on this no one will ever know"
Is there a difference in thickness around both openings? Also will rust become a problem at the weld points?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
vstar said:
Is there a difference in thickness around both openings? Also will rust become a problem at the weld points?
No difference that I noticed. They spray painted the whole piping section they welded on to protect from rust. Yes they did this at the weld points too.

·
Registered
877 Posts
The job looks great. I gotta see magnaflows dual set up catback, should be out soon.....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Can you take a pic from under the car so we can see how the mufflers sit?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bad Angle

I just wanted to say the exhaust looks great, but I am wondering if the pictures are at the wrong angle or if the tips are really at an angle? If so is that how you wanted or is that how they did it, It looks fine just curious

1 - 20 of 25 Posts