Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got the call today my custom plate is already done.. "6-8 weeks" they said so i figure it would put it round the time the car comes in.. took 24 days...now i have a plate that reads "SKYYY" and no car.. gonna try n see if they will hold it till it comes closer to new car time dont want to drive round with that on a truck..

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I am ordering mine in the morning. Since I am out of state it is taking a little longer. I am hoping to have mine in about a month or so.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Still waiting for my regular plates to come in...

...but I'm having a hard time coming up with something creative or unique for my personalized plate. NJ only allows 7 characters, less if you go with one of the special plates (Animal Friendly, Save the USS New Jersey, Shore to Please, etc). I want "DRKJEDI" as a reference to my love of STAR WARS, but my wife and 12-year old think that's too geeky. So far she has suggested SKYHIGH, TRU LUV, HOT SKY, GRAYSKY, and BLUESKY (in reference to Mr. Blue Sky from one of my favorite bands, ELO). None of those really strike me, so I'm still wracking the brain.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know this is a dumb question...but how do we get a custom plate? Are you talking about the license plate in the back? Or front? In Oklahoma we don't have to have both.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
REAR go to the DMV n ask dunno if you all have them

·
Registered
804 Posts
Custom plates...you go to the agency that you get your car plates from and ask if you can get a personalized plate, or custom plate. In Michigan it's the Secretary of State's office, other places it's the Dept. of Motor Vehicles, etc. Most States charge an extra fee each year for the use of a special plate, instead of just the normal one you would be assigned. Just ask, or go online to your State to check the details on how to order one.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mine was 50.00 bucks more cause i got a specialty plate AND customized:eek:

·
Registered
802 Posts
ousoonersgirl said:
I know this is a dumb question...but how do we get a custom plate? Are you talking about the license plate in the back? Or front? In Oklahoma we don't have to have both.
Click on this link: http://www.tax.ok.gov/sp1.html for Oklahoma Special Plates..(I just googled it) You really have a lot of selections in Oklahoma

·
Registered
389 Posts
YellowSky said:
well i got the call today my custom plate is already done.. "6-8 weeks" they said so i figure it would put it round the time the car comes in.. took 24 days...now i have a plate that reads "SKYYY" and no car.. gonna try n see if they will hold it till it comes closer to new car time dont want to drive round with that on a truck..
My plate is waiting on me also, but until I have a vin I can't pick it up.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
eldeeko said:
Click on this link: http://www.tax.ok.gov/sp1.html for Oklahoma Special Plates..(I just googled it) You really have a lot of selections in Oklahoma
I know Virginia has a ton of plates (many of which blow my mind that they exist) but one thing they don't have that you OK peeps get to enjoy are colored plates (http://www.oktax.state.ok.us/sp7.html) -- I would love a static gray plate to match my Graphite Silver Sky... oh well.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Previous vanity plate post

My list of vanity plate ideas previously posted. If you missed it you may find some ideas for your state.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I have ordered my Ohio plate, (1 HOT SKY), I feel obligated to share all the ideas I considered. Some you have seen and are off the forum. Hope you find a fresh and idea you can use in your state. Some states have 9 spaces, 7 letters , while others less.

its a sky, sky luvr, sky ridr, a sky guy, a sky 4me, a gr8 sky, open sky, 1 gr8 sky, just sky, sun n sky, sky n sun, big sky, sky dome, red sky, blu sky, gray sky, i luv sky, 1 fun sky, cool sky, sky 4 pla, sky 4 two, sky 4 2, sky for 2, a sky 4me, sky z lmt, satn sky, sky 4 sun, neat sky, sky 4 fun, c my sky, sky craz, gota sky, or got a sky, foxy sky, n les sky, sexy sky, 1 hot sky, hot sky, wild sky, sky xta c, sky view, sky vue, pie n sky, suny sky. sky 2 go, sky abuv, azur sky.

If I missed any, feel free to add em on. My feelings will not be hurt. Bet you thought I would choose "SKY FAN".

·
Registered
802 Posts
skyfan said:
My list of vanity plate ideas previously posted. If you missed it you may find some ideas for your state......
I listed my plate several months ago..two were available at the DMV (California), by the time I got around to ordering (couple of days) they had already been snatched up - may be coincidence, but I think not. So I suggest if you have something special keep it to yourself (unless you have the plate already)

·
Registered
132 Posts
eldeeko said:
I listed my plate several months ago..two were available at the DMV (California), by the time I got around to ordering (couple of days) they had already been snatched up - may be coincidence, but I think not. So I suggest if you have something special keep it to yourself (unless you have the plate already)
What plate where you loooking at? Design and tag? Too bad cali doesn't have more options I looked at them and think I'll just stick with a random plate. Even if I did have something "special" in mind I don't know that it would be worth it on the available plates.

·
Registered
44 Posts
ousoonersgirl said:
You order the vanity plate from the DMV, takes like 4-6 months to get it. I am trying to get creative with my tag on the red-sky. We get 7 letters, have not come up with to much yet. But then again I have lots of time to think about it!!!!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
In Delaware, we have a black plate with white numbers that is available at no extra charge (regular plate is blue with gold lettering/numbers). I intend on getting that plate for my Silver Graphite Sky.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I think it's strange that you can't pick up your personalized plate until you have a car to put it on! In Ontario you order the plate and they mail it to you. When it comes in you (or your dealer) simply brings it in to the Ministry and they associate it with a vehicle. I have SUMR SKY in my office and it will stay there until my car comes in.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Chili Pepper Girl said:
You order the vanity plate from the DMV, takes like 4-6 months to get it. I am trying to get creative with my tag on the red-sky. We get 7 letters, have not come up with to much yet. But then again I have lots of time to think about it!!!!
Yeah me too! I will try to place an order before this week is up. I liked some of the ideas posted. I am still trying to be creative myself. I will let you know so that way if you ever see me in OKC and you read my tag, you'll know its me.:thumbs: :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts