Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all those currently living in NEW ENGLAND...

I am currently in the BOSTON AREA for the next year and have made some killer connections in the speed industry...My BUDS over at (BLAH, BLAH,BLAH) will be making a TEMPLATE for a CUSTOM QUAD SKY EXHAUST...THEY WILL BE DOING EVERYTHING AS WELL AS THE CUT OUT FOR THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SKY EXHAUST in the rear bumper....

We are doing it this SAT and I will be posting the whole PROCESS with pics...:D

Once the TEMPLATE has been made with my SKY they will be offerning this system for other SKY OWNERS IN NEW ENGLAND or near by...If anyone is interested please let me know...Also PM if you wish to learn more about the speed shop doing the work.

I will be posting images as well as the pricing for the whole system and if you wish to have it done yourself I will be glad to meet up with you so you can follow me to the shop...

Unlike many of the DUAL OR QUAD EXHAUSTS that are being done on this forum THIS SPEED SHOP is doing something different....I will not give the details but all I can say is when the EXHUAST is done the tone you get will be more like the deep tone of a V10 than a four banger.

This shops is killer at changing an exhaust note so much that no one will know what the hell you have under the hood.

There is no TUNING CHARGE either...this is what these GUYS DO!

Put it this way...they took my sold 71 318 Challenger I once had and made it sound like a 440...I'm not kidding you.

I will try to post a avi. or wave. file as well....We'll see.

I will be posting pics of the PROCESS next week as long as all goes well....

ALOAH ALL! :cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
REDSKY said:
For all those currently living in NEW ENGLAND...

ALOAH ALL! :cool:
So you are the one that brought the heat with him to the mainland!!! :jester: :nono: :thumbs:

Anyway, do you know if they can tune a cat-back that they don't install... or is it really the mufflers they use to do so and in such making it a moot point to have two groups working on one systemn???

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
todaresqSL2 said:
So you are the one that brought the heat with him to the mainland!!! :jester: :nono: :thumbs:

Anyway, do you know if they can tune a cat-back that they don't install... or is it really the mufflers they use to do so and in such making it a moot point to have two groups working on one systemn???

Well this is the deal...they are tuning it with Resonator bafflers to get the deep v8 like tone....

I would guess they could just tune your system by adding this but lets wait and see what I end up with....I'm the test pilot so if all goes well I will let you know all the details. I may be dissapointed, satisfied or jumping up and down like a crazy man! All the work in the past we have done on my cars have been beyond anything I could have imagened so lets see what they come up with...this is the first time working on a car like this.

Keep an EYE out for my post next week on it.

Alohas! :cool:

·
Registered
18,516 Posts
definitely interested...i was actually waiting for magnaflow to come out with theirs because of the way it looked...but always willing to give the small guy a chance....hope it is quads...looking forward to your pics....good luck.

By the way, the rear fascia that appears on the red line will be coming out shortly. I was at the Saturn dealer and they said once they get the parts list for the Aura, it will also post for the red line.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome to Boston!!!!

I'm DEFINATELY interested! (And nearby)

Please keep us (read:me) up to date! :D

Pics would be great too!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I am very interested and I am 50 miles south in Fall River. Please let me know if your source will be doing ECM "re-fresh" as well. My goals are reasonably simple :)

I will add the CAI at the dealer upon arrival and then I would like to have a CAT-Back installed (MAGNAFLOW or =) (must have the dual pipe look-not necessarilly 'quads' unless reasonable) and then do the 'ECM' 're-fresh' to enable the easy breathing to do its thing.

If this all will give me a final 200 HP then I would be very happy. :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aloahs

CUINOZ said:
I am very interested and I am 50 miles south in Fall River. Please let me know if your source will be doing ECM "re-fresh" as well. My goals are reasonably simple :)

I will add the CAI at the dealer upon arrival and then I would like to have a CAT-Back installed (MAGNAFLOW or =) (must have the dual pipe look-not necessarilly 'quads' unless reasonable) and then do the 'ECM' 're-fresh' to enable the easy breathing to do its thing.

If this all will give me a final 200 HP then I would be very happy. :D

I will keep you all updated and post the EXHAUST THREAD next week...I will also be POSTING the DUAL CAI Install on a THREAD the following week after that....

If you are in MASS...DO NOT...DO NOT get the GM CAI install at the dealership....I know of a company that just put to the MARKET a DUAL CAI...it will give you 11HP...More than any of the other CAI systems...GM CAI as I can see is not a perfect system...I have made Posts about it again and again but I'm not going to say everything again on here...if you want to see pics and reasons for why I believe this just look into my PAST posts way back...I give reasons and images of Why I believe GM CAI is a system I wouldn't get unless I HAD TO because of CARB emissions crap like you have in CALI.

I believe Kappashpere is a better system but the one I'm getting is even better...you want details about it PM me.

Also with the Exhaust w hope to get 10-15HP out of it...so just those two Mods should be giving you 200HP...You add a ECM RE-FLASH we are looking at 210+HP...Add Headers, 220HP...just so you know.

Below is that DUAL induction system I will be installing.

Alohas! :cool:

Before

·
Registered
877 Posts
"Below is that DUAL induction system I will be installing."

Is there a pic?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Opps!

OPPS...forgot to post the IMAGE...:lol:

HERE YOU GO!

Alohas!:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
877 Posts
Thats the one Im getting also............

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mahalo: I will defer to your knowledge on this and I'll NOT go with the GM CAI unless as a last resort. Pleae keep us informed. As for breaking the 200 HP barrier as it were......In MHO that is the threshold that the car should have come out with as the power to weight ration is about right for "normal" GT :driving: expearience. In short, it should make the car a great "touring" car.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Big numbers: 43 horsepower--24% increase. I can't wait to see the dyno graphs!

REDSKY said:
Also with the Exhaust w hope to get 10-15HP out of it...so just those two Mods should be giving you 200HP...You add a ECM RE-FLASH we are looking at 210+HP...Add Headers, 220HP...just so you know.
Those are some very big numbers. Please be sure to post up the before and after Dynojet graphs.

If this does yield close to the 43 horsepower you've proposed, that would be an amazing feat--a 24% increase in power from the following mods:
  1. Replaced Intake
  2. Headers & Exhaust system
  3. ECM reprogramming
I do have one question: will the system still have a catalytic converter, or will this be an "off-road" (track only) exhaust?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
Those are some very big numbers. Please be sure to post up the before and after Dynojet graphs.

Sure will bro...if you want to fork over the cash for them. :lol:

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
REDSKY said:
Crimson Avenger said:

Sure will bro...if you want to fork over the cash for them. :lol:
Actually, since yours is the template car, I would have expected the vendor to do the before and after dyno runs. Vendors usually do that with their template cars so they can publish actual performance improvement numbers.

Much luck with your project, and I'm sorry that the you weren't able to line that up as well--the graphs would have been most interesting.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ok so who do i need to contact to get it done?

·
Registered
388 Posts
REDSKY said:
OPPS...forgot to post the IMAGE...:lol:

HERE YOU GO!

Alohas!:cool:
Me likey! Hey, are those carb certified? I unfortunately live in Cali.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts