Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all I just wanted to know if there was any cool rear custom spoilers to put on my sky and where I’d find one. I’m looking for something way taller than the factory spoiler. Any ideas? And if you have one where can’t I get it?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I was going to install a color-matching OEM spoiler I had purchased, but later decided to install a shark fin antenna instead which would interfere with the OEM spoiler.

As time has passed, I have grown to appreciate the cleaner lines without the spoiler. It brings out the twin humps better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to install a color-matching OEM spoiler I had purchased, but later decided to install a shark fin antenna instead which would interfere with the OEM spoiler.

As time has passed, I have grown to appreciate the cleaner lines without the spoiler. It brings out the twin humps better.
View attachment 116535
View attachment 116536
that does look pretty slick. I’ll just have to look at it. But I’m pretty set on a big wing

·
Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline, RPM Stage 3, & DDM brace/backbone/probeam
44 Posts
I personally like this one from RPM, but it's not listed as for sale on their site yet. Could probably call and order one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I personally like this one from RPM, but it's not listed as for sale on their site yet. Could probably call and order one. View attachment 116540
That it pretty cool I like that one! However I’m looking for taller. I think I’m going to have a professional take off the stock spoiler then I’ll get a big wing and put it on myself. I just didn’t know if there was already a big wing out there and ready to buy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
go to the 5:39 mark to see what the spoiler would look like on the car. But feel free to watch the video if you want.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I know one source for a big wing......

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Yep, it's not that I am against wings - I had one of those too.
But while the Fiero GT needed the wing, the Sky does not.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
First time I saw a Fiero with the wing I thought WTF? It certainly didn't need it for aerodynamics, so putting the largest rear spoiler on a car since the Plymouth Superbird was clearly just a marketing ruse.

After I owned one for awhile, it just looked so right to me that when I saw a Fiero GT without wing it looked somehow nude. All the sale it was a tad embarrassing.

Then I saw a 4th Gen. Toyota Supra and thought - 'Hey, nice - a handle to pick it up and hang it on the garage wall for the night" Although I always admired them as I was about dead even in performance with them in my 88 Fiero GT (mine was a 300 bhp turbo version I built).

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Or.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey y’all I just wanted to know if there was any cool rear custom spoilers to put on my sky and where I’d find one. I’m looking for something way taller than the factory spoiler. Any ideas? And if you have one where can’t I get it?
Check with Norm’s Fiberglass. He made a nice, rear deck lip spoiler for my Sky.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts