Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK now I've been resisting the urge to customize my Sky in any way but I have to say there are some things I just have to do. I have to replace the tires on the car with the F1's that were on the concept. I also think I'm going to have to have the calapers in red or perhaps black.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
rick112 said:
OK now I've been resisting the urge to customize my Sky in any way but I have to say there are some things I just have to do. I have to replace the tires on the car with the F1's that were on the concept. I also think I'm going to have to have the calapers in red or perhaps black.
I thought about powder coating the calipers red too I think that would look good:) :cool:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps the GM engineer could work on a gullwing version for 2008.

Attachments

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nighttripper said:
I thought about powder coating the calipers red too I think that would look good:) :cool:
There's bound to be something aftermarket for the Sky/Solstice.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
rick112 said:

Can i have them in a dark shade of FUSCHIA?....... along with the scent too.... Fuschia flowers smell WONDERFUL.... just thought i would ask.... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
nighttripper said:

That would be awesome on the blue car.... GO FOR IT..... WE WANT PICS... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
rick112 said:

Very interesting..... i was just looking at a car like that from yrs ago.. and thought the same thing..... that would be AWESOME....... you just planted a bug Rick... WAY TO GO..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
rick112 said:
Maybe after they deliver my Sky first :lol:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
rick112 said:
I think they would find it quite difficult (probably impossible) to adapt gull-wing doors to a convertible. Even the roadster version of the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing had regular doors.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
ggccg said:
I think they would find it quite difficult (probably impossible) to adapt gull-wing doors to a convertible. Even the roadster version of the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing had regular doors.

ggccg,........ ugh.. IMPOSSIBLE.... i had the dream for a short while..... would have been very cool though.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
SkyBaby said:
ggccg,........ ugh.. IMPOSSIBLE.... i had the dream for a short while..... would have been very cool though.... SkyBaby-07
Keep your eyes on the prize. Saturn Sky with doors that open to let you get in and drive. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
nighttripper said:
Keep your eyes on the prize. Saturn Sky with doors that open to let you get in and drive. :thumbs:

Yea, i dont care how i get in the darn thing.... as long as I AM THE ONE DRIVING.......... SkyBaby-07

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ggccg said:
Nothing is impossible! Just an engineering challange. The moment forces will be different but I would think in someways less because you don't have a big heavy door swong all the way out and hanging off the door post.
I would think you would have to have a little more strength at the connection point and thats it. Of course I'm not an engineer but I did study mechanics of forces for two years.

·
Registered
76 Posts
They have it for convertibles, I saw a website that makes them, installed is from $3-5000. I'll see if I can find the link to it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
rick112 said:
http://www.lambodoors.com/

Give it a year or two, it will be available..

Powder coating the brakes should be easy.. they even have do it yourself kits now!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice! I think I want one Sky to keep stock and one to do Kool **** like that. You see, nothing is impossible. Just throw a little money at it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
rick112 said:
If you are going to replace yours tires take your car right away from the dealer to the goodyear store and trade your tires, they will give you $75 - $100 for each tire, that way for about $400 you can have the tires that you want.

I posted a howto on the calipers in another thread on this forum, you can also see mine in the pics in my sig, and I am putting the decals on the calipers today.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the advice on the tires. I'll check into that. On the calapers there are a number of posts on the Solstice site as well that I well check into when I get the car.:cheers:

·
Registered
76 Posts
rick112 said:
Thanks for the advice on the tires. I'll check into that. On the calapers there are a number of posts on the Solstice site as well that I well check into when I get the car.:cheers:
Yeah alot are my posts...enjoy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just outta curiousity, what is so great about the tires your switching to?

I'm going to have to buy another set of wheels for solo events, just wondering what kinds rubber your throwing on there..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts