Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dad is now talking about getting a SKY, he wants an Automatic though. So it is entirely possible that there will be two SKY's here... :cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
My Dad is now talking about getting a SKY, he wants an Automatic though. So it is entirely possible that there will be two SKY's here... :cheers:
well my son is talking about getting one when the redline comes out..... seems like good taste runs in families. congratulations... :cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Order soon! :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
My dad's a bit too enthusiastic about mine, and I can totally see him taking it out to pick up hot younger (in their 60s) chicks. Looks like I might have to keep an eye on him...

·
Registered
328 Posts
reedred said:
My dad's a bit too enthusiastic about mine, and I can totally see him taking it out to pick up hot younger (in their 60s) chicks. Looks like I might have to keep an eye on him...
:cheers: my dad is excited about his car, as well! I am paying cash, so I said, "The smart thing would be to save the money, but he said no you will regret it in your later years" ... this from one of the most "thrifty" guys I know (next to me). :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Lost Sol said:
:cheers: my dad is excited about his car, as well! I am paying cash, so I said, "The smart thing would be to save the money, but he said no you will regret it in your later years" ... this from one of the most "thrifty" guys I know (next to me). :D
My dad didn't have 'cool' cars when I was growing up (despite one 1960 Chrysler Saratoga 4bbl and a '56 Dodge three-tone [in 1966]but that's another story). Not that he wasn't a "car" guy. He read and reread Tom McCahill as much as I did (where is MiMi today). He related fond memories of a special Chevy convertible with a rumble seat, and helping his dad rebuild the ash body on an Oakland. He always regretted not getting a Thunderbird. And in 1970 as we looked at an impractical 4 door T-bird I pondered was it the 1967 4 door or a '64 or '60 or th e'58 square bird that he had wanted and then it dawned on me that he had passed (when I was only 2) on getting in on the ground floor with a '55 first year T'bird. If he had, I am sure I would have it today. What better reason to buy a Sky than for your kids or grandkids. AT least that's the excuse you can give teh wife.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts