Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad says his Sky was built on May 29th (might have been started then, noit finshed then, not sure how long the lin takes from start to end). But has no info on when it will be delivered. I beleive he ordered the Silver Pearl - Automatic - Red and Black interior - not sure what other options.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the call

My dad got a call yesterday that his Sky will be ready to pickup today. I will get some pics and maybe even some video.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Way Kool. You both have Sky's? Pics of both if you do please.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not yet

rick112 said:
Way Kool. You both have Sky's? Pics of both if you do please.
I am considering the purchase of a Red Line - although I defintely want one - there are a few details I need to work out first regarding finances and current Civic lease etc before I can take the plunge.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictures

Went with my dad to pick up his Sky. Silver Pearl Automatic with Black and Red interior - not-chrome wheels.

First set of 5 Pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Pictures part 2

Next set of 5 pics

The Red one is the Dealer demo - with Black interior - manual tranny - I test drove that one a month or so ago.

The last pic is a Silver Pearl that the dealer said is for Mallet to do an engine conversion on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
More info

I drove it a few miles.

DIC indicated 20.0 mpg for about the first 36 miles - dropped to 19.5 as I was going up a hill.

DIC indicated coolant temp of 207 degrees after a few miles of mixed highway and regular roads.

You do have to give the trunk a bit of a slam to get it to close with the top down.

VIN# is something like 3302 or 3203 - I forget exactly - the dealer said that the tranny was checked - it seemed to have the extra button in the wheel well to prevent rub - two different people at the dealer warned against closing the hood with the doors open - regardless of how far they are open.

We took it to the local pontiac dealer - every single person there said they liked the styling of the Sky better and thinks that Pointiac missed the boat with the Solstice.

Dealer said it is the first with the Red on Black interior delivered by either of the dealers in the Northeast Ohio area - and everyone who has seen it agrees that it looks good that way.

Short movie - plan to get some better shots with tri-pod and by using another convertible to get better camera angles while driving etc.

http://homepage.mac.com/mattwolanski/DadsSky.mov (file size = 9MB, might take some time to load)

Ride still seems a bit too stiff to me - but not so bad as the test drive I took (neither car with teh upgraded suspension) - and maybe after I lose some more weight and tighten up my abs it will get even better.

Personally I would prefer manual tranny and I wil definitely wait for Red Line.

There was a couple there who had driven from Pennsylvania to look at the Sky - they agreed that dual exhaust would be better (at least the husband did).

He paid MSRP - put $5000 down-payment plus title etc - monthyl payment about $330 or so - 5 year lease with residual of just under $10,000.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Red with red interior...Nice!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
rick112 said:
Thanks for the pics. Red with red interior...Nice!
Black interior... :thumbs:

Awesome pics!!!

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Colors

todaresqSL2 said:
Black interior... :thumbs:

Awesome pics!!!

The Dealer Demo is Red with Black interior.

My dad's car is Silver Pearl with Black and Red interior and he will likely order the Black with Red accent carpets from Kappasphere.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gap between top and window

Uh oh - one thing I didn't check out so good for him as the fit of the top with the top up. Seems that he has a problme similar to that already reported by others here and has called the dealer to take a look at it - gap between the back edge of the window and the rubber seal on the top.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts