Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone mentioned on the closed thread about the Sky limited production, 'i presum they are building the daewoo' or whatever. Daewoo is dead and GM didn't own it.... did they?

·
Registered
727 Posts
GM bought Daewoo. It is far from dead. Vehicles are not marketed under the Daewoo name in this country, but they are a decent player in Asia, and supply Suzuki with a few different cars, and Chevy with the Aveo. GM is said to be going to sell a limited number of Sky/ Opel GT's in Korea under the Daewoo name.

·
Registered
802 Posts
skyguy85 said:
Someone mentioned on the closed thread about the Sky limited production, 'i presum they are building the daewoo' or whatever. Daewoo is dead and GM didn't own it.... did they?
CANCELLED MY SKY ORDER ON CINCO DE MAYO?

You can now be first in line to place a deposit on a 2008 "Daewoo Sky" on Cinco De Mayo, 2007

·
Registered
380 Posts
Daewoo in Germany

My wife and I recently vacationed in Germany and rented an upgrade (a Daewoo?) from National Car Rental. They told me at the National desk that the Daewoo was a GM German version of Chevrolet. Actually I travelled all over Germany for two weeks in it and it wasn't really bad. The Daewoos are all over Europe.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Daewoo in Germanay/Europe

Daewoo sold their cars in Germany since 1995. When Daewoo becomes a divison of GM, they stilll sold their cars in Europe with the Daewoo badge.
In 2004 GM decided to rename Daewoo in Chevrolet. In Jan. 2005 they renamed all the Daewoo dealers in Germany and Europe in Chevrolet and rebadged all the Daewoo cars with the Chevrolet Logo. In addition the dealers got the sale of some original Chevrolet cars like the Tahoe or the TrailBlazer. The rebadged Daewoo roadster - if it will really get in the market - will only be sold in the Asia area, the Sky is for America and the Opel for Europe:thumbs: .

·
Registered
42 Posts
I own a Daewoo!!!!! It's a microwave....

·
Registered
877 Posts

expected to hit showrooms within months, according to Korean officials

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
vstar said:

expected to hit showrooms within months, according to Korean officials
What the hell is she doing sitting on that car? Off with her head! :lol: ;) :lol:

·
Registered
802 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does anyone find this to be a disgrace????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts