Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So driving around in the daytime I'm finding it very hard to see the Speedo, Tach and especially the Fuel Gauge.

When the headlights are off, in the daytime, are the gauges supposed to be lit so I can see them . . . . . or not lit (like ours) and impossible to see????

Thanks. . . .Stu

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
So driving around in the daytime I'm finding it very hard to see the Speedo, Tach and especially the Fuel Gauge.

When the headlights are off, in the daytime, are the gauges supposed to be lit so I can see them . . . . . or not lit (like ours) and impossible to see????

Thanks. . . .Stu
Try turning up the brightness with the little wheel on the dash down by your left knee.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Doesn't seem to do anything in the daytime when the headlights are off.
Mine does. Must be something wrong. The only time I can't read the display is when the sun is shining directly on the gauges. In that case, brightness all the way up doesn't help.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
They gauges are lit only if you have your lights on. Try driving with your "parking" lights on only if you don't want your low's on. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
They gauges are lit only if you have your lights on. Try driving with your "parking" lights on only if you don't want your low's on. :thumbs:
:agree: I use the "auto" lights feature on my Sky, and when the sensor senses that it is light enough outside, the lights on the gauges automatically turn off...the only things that remain lit are the DIC and radio display.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
:agree: I use the "auto" lights feature on my Sky, and when the sensor senses that it is light enough outside, the lights on the gauges automatically turn off...the only things that remain lit are the DIC and radio display.
I think we all may do that... :rolleyes:

The auto lights do turn on what you need on... and when most of us need or want them on. However, since the the lights won't turn on when there is enough sunlight, the gauges won't be on either at that point either and I am thinking that Stu wants the gauges on. Turning on the "parking" lights during the day time will turn on the gauges. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Turn off the "Auto Lights" and the display stays brighter

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hmmm. I drive with my parking lights on all the time and the guages are still not lit for me. Did I forget to do something? Do I need to go to 'auto lights off' first?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Hmmm. I drive with my parking lights on all the time and the guages are still not lit for me. Did I forget to do something? Do I need to go to 'auto lights off' first?
It is hard to see the guages light during the day for me... but they are on. Maybe I am an odd one... :jester:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'll have to see what the parking lights look like vs the running lights. I also have wanted my instrument lights on when headlights are not required.

TIP:I stuck tiny arrow stickers (yellow/red/yellow) at the 35, 45, 55 MPH marks and it has REALLY helped. Now I just glance down to check my speed and can quickly see if the needle is at the arrow. My Xterra has gigantic marks at these speeds but the Skys are too small for me to see well.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'll have to see what the parking lights look like vs the running lights. I also have wanted my instrument lights on when headlights are not required.

TIP:I stuck tiny arrow stickers (yellow/red/yellow) at the 35, 45, 55 MPH marks and it has REALLY helped. Now I just glance down to check my speed and can quickly see if the needle is at the arrow. My Xterra has gigantic marks at these speeds but the Skys are too small for me to see well.
I use a more primative method:
If everyone is passing me -- I am too slow
If I am passing everyone I am OK unless I see police.:lol:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts

Great idea, I'll give that a try.

The running lights only use the low beams. I choose to run the parking lights because it also lites up the tail lights. I want to be seen, plus the parking lights make the car look very cool!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I just put something over that little globe on the dashboard that is the auto light sensor... then the dashboard lights up fine.:thumbs:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts