Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to share my day two impressions of the SKY: 108 mi and counting down to the week-end.

First, If you don't have yours yet I am not going to list the supposed drawbacks - we've all been here long enough to know about the power, trunk, top, and storage stuff. If you do have your car - well same thing goes.

I will say that this car is FUN :lol: . It is very solid, rides great and turns on a dime. It's not as loud as I was expecting my first vert to be and boy, is it ever comfortable.

There is a LOT of grin factor in this car :D For the yet to be owners, people were not kidding about getting looks and questions - you'll get a lot of both.

I look at it this way - it's a roadster, made for tooling around town and running a good back road. I just wanted a car I could enjoy as a (gasp) daily driver and week-end tourer.

If I wanted a high horsepower, blindingly fast sports car, I would have spent a ton more money and prolly wrapped myself around a tree by now; I'm sure I am not as good a driver as I think I am.

I think I scored. I am very happy and Saturn has done nothing to sway my faith in them - especially the folks at Saturn of Concord, CA.

Just my impressions and worth every nickel you paid for 'em.

·
Super Moderator
11,626 Posts
You know the power in this car isn't bad is the thing. Unless you're use to having more than 200 horsepower under foot the power in this car is more than adequate. A little tweaking and you add about 20-30 hp to the car. Doesn't sound like much but trust me it's a HUGE jump in power. That's the route I'll be going.

Glad you like the car though. I've found in my first five days that there will be times when you're driving it and just smile for no reason. It's one of those cars that you get in it and you just feel good. A sunny day, top down, good song on the radio and few things are better.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I wish I had mine... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Robotech said:
You know the power in this car isn't bad is the thing. Unless you're use to having more than 200 horsepower under foot the power in this car is more than adequate. A little tweaking and you add about 20-30 hp to the car. Doesn't sound like much but trust me it's a HUGE jump in power. That's the route I'll be going.

Glad you like the car though. I've found in my first five days that there will be times when you're driving it and just smile for no reason. It's one of those cars that you get in it and you just feel good. A sunny day, top down, good song on the radio and few things are better.
You are going to find every time you get in it you are gonna smile like that:)

I agree completely, the plusses on this car make up for the, not that they are Bad points, but just not as good as they could be points, which to me are very very few...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
SKYtime said:
I wish I had mine... :rolleyes:
when you get it you will be sooo happy that the wait will feel worth it...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
314 Posts
Can't wait, can't wait any longer, gotta wait, but not much longer. Ours is coming on the train and should be delivered next week. Love your color combo! We took a leap of faith when we ordered and added the spoiler. Keep posting, we're enjoying every word and photo:thumbs:.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Bigdog your car supprised me! Until I saw your photos I never considered how good the car would look in the that colour with the red interior. Looks great.:thumbs:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Red interior

rick112 said:
Bigdog your car supprised me! Until I saw your photos I never considered how good the car would look in the that colour with the red interior. Looks great.:thumbs:
I think the red learther looks excellent with every colour besides of red, although the GM designers made the decision that only black, white, silver pearl and silver graphite are allowed to be ordered with the red leather.
Does someone know why? :confused:

·
Registered
540 Posts
that is a truly gorgeous car!!!!! Great color choices!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.