Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
286 miles. I'm a person that uses a vehicle to get from point A to point B. Don't much care if its my 2005 Toyota Highlander Limited with all the bell and whistles or my 1991 Chevy pick up with the paint peeling off and the broken air conditioner. Untill I got my Sky. Now I drive it just because I like to drive it. Wish I had found something like this when gas was 50 cents a gallon. (Yes, I'm that old). Some observations from a novice roadster owner: Very, very stable on turns, like the wheel base is as wide as it is long. I'm sure you could spin out in a high speed turn but, you would have to work at it. Yes, it is a little underpowered. At lower speeds on city streets it does not seem to like high gear. 4th works better. Maybe this is the way all sports car/roadsters are? Don't know, this is my first roadster. I just think a little more umph (horsepower) would be nice (Redline). Don't get me wrong, the 2.4 is adequate. But that's all, just adequate. FUN FACTOR: I haven't had this much fun since I found out about sex and booze. Heads turn, people stare, I even had someone yell as I passed them "I love your car". And this is just day 3. All the hoopla about how hard the top is to put up and down is just that, hoopla. Is that how you spell hoopla? My 5'11.5" wife can do it. Of course, if its too much trouble, for another 30 or 40K you can buy a Mercedes/BMW/Lexus/etc with an auto top. For me, I like my Sky.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Keep on Keeping on. I find everyday enjoyment with mine with 4400 miles since 29 March. I should have over 5000 by Monday with no problems to speak of. :thumbs:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Another in Bama

I've got my Sliver Pearl / Black/Red Leather ordered from Saturn of B'ham. Who knows how long it will take to get here, they certainly don't seem to know. Can't wait to join you in Sky World...!!!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
GaryH said:
286 miles. I'm a person that uses a vehicle to get from point A to point B. Don't much care if its my 2005 Toyota Highlander Limited with all the bell and whistles or my 1991 Chevy pick up with the paint peeling off and the broken air conditioner. Untill I got my Sky. Now I drive it just because I like to drive it. Wish I had found something like this when gas was 50 cents a gallon. (Yes, I'm that old). Some observations from a novice roadster owner: Very, very stable on turns, like the wheel base is as wide as it is long. I'm sure you could spin out in a high speed turn but, you would have to work at it. Yes, it is a little underpowered. At lower speeds on city streets it does not seem to like high gear. 4th works better. Maybe this is the way all sports car/roadsters are? Don't know, this is my first roadster. I just think a little more umph (horsepower) would be nice (Redline). Don't get me wrong, the 2.4 is adequate. But that's all, just adequate. FUN FACTOR: I haven't had this much fun since I found out about sex and booze. Heads turn, people stare, I even had someone yell as I passed them "I love your car". And this is just day 3. All the hoopla about how hard the top is to put up and down is just that, hoopla. Is that how you spell hoopla? My 5'11.5" wife can do it. Of course, if its too much trouble, for another 30 or 40K you can buy a Mercedes/BMW/Lexus/etc with an auto top. For me, I like my Sky.
I agree, I timed myself the other day and it took me 30 seconds putting the top up and not rushing to do it, just a leasurly pace...

I have over 7300 miles on mine now, and i must say it is the most fun car i have had to drive... some were faster, but non more fun...

·
Registered
255 Posts
You know, this forum will make me an expert on the Sky by the time mine arrives. I'll know what to check before I sign, what to look for at signing (add-ons, etc.), and how to care for the car. I hope everyone already having a Sky, as well as the many of us that are waiting, gets as much enjoyment as I do out of reading the daily posts. We really have many knowledgeable people here. Thanks to all of you.:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts