Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little message I caught today on Facebook from Dave at DDM works:

The MP62 kit is coming back this year and will be at nationals in Colorado this year, FYI. We will also be bringing another forced induction option for the 2.4L and our Centrifugal Rotrex kit to that event as well, along with another option, possible 2 for the 2.0L. Lots of love this year for the Kappas

·
Registered
4 Posts
What’s with the drama? Come on DDM are you interested in sales or not. I just don’t understand some retailers business model... I guess my reaction is supposed to be “gee wizzy, I just can’t wait”. They must feel their demographics are 12 year olds. Sorry traveling by air all day today and that just makes me cranky.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
I talked with Dave, and I take from the conversation that the product is not ready for production yet, but will fall in line by the National. More real improvement for the 2.4 side of the house. That is my impression of what is going on.

·
Vendor
695 Posts
What’s with the drama? Come on DDM are you interested in sales or not. I just don’t understand some retailers business model... I guess my reaction is supposed to be “gee wizzy, I just can’t wait”. They must feel their demographics are 12 year olds. Sorry traveling by air all day today and that just makes me cranky.
No real drama from us, someone asked on Facebook and we just let them know that we are coming back with the MP62 kit and have another option we are working on bringing back also that we will show when we are ready, which will be at nationals or before. People just get excited when they hear that anyone is still doing development for these cars, which sometimes comes across as drama I guess.

Hope that makes sense,
Dave

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't see any drama in that Dave...I, for one, appreciate you continuing to develop products for a car that is not only no longer manufactured but whose brand has been defunct for 8 years now.

I'm excited to see what you're bringing to market. Always like new things to drop on my wish list. LOL

·
Registered
40 Posts
I feel like if they came out with something at nationals it would be posted by now. Wondering if there was some hold ups? Im planning out a turbo upgrade (down the line) and was interested to see what they were going to come up with.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
You have to keep in mind, that as time moves on, the share of business that is Kappa related gets smaller and smaller in terms of the overall business that DDM does. Eventually DDM will quit supporting the Kappa cars, on most things. Only Dave and Ivy have a clue when that will happen.

:dunno:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, not knowing Dave of DDM, but I didn't think or hear that he was even at NASSAM2018, Black Hawk. No intentions of starting a rumor, but has the transition already begun? :willy:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I feel like if they came out with something at nationals it would be posted by now. Wondering if there was some hold ups? Im planning out a turbo upgrade (down the line) and was interested to see what they were going to come up with.
Unfortunately, I've placed this in my actions speak louder than words category. I've tried to not get too excited about the thought of MP62 being available again. But I ended up get my hopes up more than I should have, and I've since come crashing back to reality. :cryin:

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, not knowing Dave of DDM, but I didn't think or hear that he was even at NASSAM2018, Black Hawk. No intentions of starting a rumor, but has the transition already begun? :willy:
Bill, DDM was at NASSAM 2018.They set up across the road, behind the hotel. I could see them from my hotel window.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Dave, I own several cars made in similar numbers to the Kappas. They continue to be supported by vendors despite being made 50 years ago or more. Several of those vendors also service other models and say they will continue to do so as long as sales continue. I'd expect DDM to continue support for as long as parts continue to sell at a reasonable rate.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
DDM showed up thursday. Had some prior problems as I understand it.

I had talked with Dave about the exciting news, but was told many months ago that is was based around the 2.4 engine, which make sense as that is what the Slingshot uses. I do not see them stopping what they do, but they will follow the money. The slingshot is a hot item for them. It took me almost 6 months to get my turbo ugrade from them. Dave told me a the beginning they were no longer doing it, due to problems getting the blow off valve. But if I could locate one, he would do it.

I have moved on to PAW for engine support and Robo and I are working with PWerks Dave on finalizing the tune.

·
Super Moderator
5,729 Posts
.....I had talked with Dave about the exciting news, but was told many months ago that is was based around the 2.4 engine, which make sense as that is what the Slingshot uses. I do not see them stopping what they do, but they will follow the money. The slingshot is a hot item for them. It took me almost 6 months to get my turbo ugrade from them. Dave told me a the beginning they were no longer doing it, due to problems getting the blow off valve. But if I could locate one, he would do it.......
This suggests that they would continue to support the LE5s but not the LNFs. Probably along with chassis bits that they have already developed.

·
Registered
236 Posts
DDM showed up thursday. Had some prior problems as I understand it.

I had talked with Dave about the exciting news, but was told many months ago that is was based around the 2.4 engine, which make sense as that is what the Slingshot uses. I do not see them stopping what they do, but they will follow the money. The slingshot is a hot item for them. It took me almost 6 months to get my turbo ugrade from them. Dave told me a the beginning they were no longer doing it, due to problems getting the blow off valve. But if I could locate one, he would do it.

I have moved on to PAW for engine support and Robo and I are working with PWerks Dave on finalizing the tune.
Is RPM still around too?

·
Registered
40 Posts
So i guess im wondering, are the WERKs turbo upgrades our only option essentially? I know RPM does the big wheel upgrade but my end goes is 450-500 crank hp, so it seems the werks stage 2 or 3 is my best bet. Its a good chunk of $ for a turbo alone but it is what it is.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
If you are looking at that sort of power goal, you need to do a lot of internal work - special forged pistons, new rods and implement an auxiliary fueling package to get enough gas at higher rpm. And yes, the larger turbos will be necessary with all the replumbing and external BOVs that entails.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts