Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The center consoles have made it into production and after making sure we have them right, we have already shipped the first batch out. We have regular production started now on them and the next production batch comes in on October 6th.

For those that have not seen these, they are a replacement center console that is installed in place of the stock piece, so if your stock center console is broken (the piece that you rest your arm on) this piece is a direct replacement. We do not need your stock piece back and there is no core charge when ordering.

There are a couple things that we improved on with the new center console. The first improvement is that the center console is available with 2 cupholders in it that are in a place that is much more user friendly then the other cup holders in the car. They also work great for holding cell phones, loose change and sun glasses.

The second thing we did was to elevate the center of the console slightly which makes for a more natural resting position for your arm while driving.

Lastly we made the console much stronger then the stock piece, which will keep it from breaking over time.

The center console is sold in raw fiberglass gel coat, which is nice and smooth and can be painted. We also have teamed up with the shop that does custom hot rod interiors and they will cover it in black or grey for $100. Another option is that we will be happy to ship the center console to JPM if you would like something custom done with the covering.

Here is a picture of the raw center console without cup holders installed:

To place your order for one, here is the link to our website - Solstice Cup holder center console or just give us a call at 864-438-4949.

If you would like your console covered just put what color leather you would like in the comment box and we will get it taken care of for you. Also if you have any other questions, feel free to let me know!

Thanks!
Dave

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Just placed my order and can't wait to have a cup holder.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
I will be at Mod 9 I know your bring some with you,
I would like to see it in my R/L 1st. Great idea.
LLLFLY

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Hey Dave...

Any chance you can take this picture from above so we who have "sticks" can see the positional relationship between the stick and the cup holes? I'm still kinda on the fence here. In fact, even better, a shot from above with a person holding the shifter would be terrific.

Also, the actual holes looks to be about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches deep, it that correct?

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Can we get a view from the underbelly...want to know if it has the 2 tabs on the side...
If you're talking about the two plastic tabs doing 7-10 split in the front, I don't think so, at least I don't recall them from posted pictures. Perhaps it's rigid enough not to need the added support.

I found the attached PIC on another post:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i like the idea but it still looks like itll get in the way when you use it for drinks. now i wouldnt mind having something like that to hold my phone and ipod.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Very nice, I like it. However, I don't think I'll be able to switch my console. I have the 'saddle bags' and the storage they provide is indispensable.

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Very nice, I like it. However, I don't think I'll be able to switch my console. I have the 'saddle bags' and the storage they provide is indispensable.
Had the saddle bags, but ditched them for the Kappa Pouch. At least as much storage, easier to access and out of the line of sight from nosy people. Bonus: it doesn't take up any console space.

·
Registered
277 Posts
i like the idea but it still looks like itll get in the way when you use it for drinks. now i wouldnt mind having something like that to hold my phone and ipod.
If you look on their website they suggest that people can even drill a hole in one of the cup holders for the cord for their IPODs or MP3 players to plug into. And for MM and anyone who wants to see the under side of it they show that on there too. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Here is what the underside looks like. I also got rid of the saddlebag and use the Kapparoo pouches. Took me a couple of hours to get the right fit, but the console looks like OEM stuff now.

Attachments

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, I didn't realize all of those pictures were up there already, looks like everyone got their answers.

As to the question about if they are functional while driving with a stick. That really is going to depend on how you are driving and how far forward you have your seat while driving. I am 5'11" and my arm rests right between the cup holders and the emergency brake and I can easily have something in the cupholders and shift. Now if I was out running around the track, a drink in the cup holders would probably get in the way, but while just doing regular driving the cup holder works much better then any of the other stock ones. The cup holders are 2" deep also. If you guys want some more pictures, I will take some more while in the car hand on the shifter from the top, just let me know. We are down a manual car right now, but I can take a video in an automatic car with my arm resting there and shifting through the automatic "gears" if that helps some of you also.

Also remember if you get the center console and you do not like how it fits you, just send it back. As long as it comes back how it left here, we will refund the purchase price.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
If you look on their website they suggest that people can even drill a hole in one of the cup holders for the cord for their IPODs or MP3 players to plug into.
but where does that cord go? the aux jack is in the front of the cd player so it would have to go down through the arm rest then back out the side and into the cd player.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
sounds interesting. takes pics once your done. :)

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
This idea comes from Larry (LLLFLY) ...why not put a chrome ring around the cup top...would give it some viewing definition...a better mousetrap. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts