Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We are here at DDMWorks are very happy to announce the introduction of the first short throw shifter for the Pontiac Solstice with manual transmission. Our new short throw shifter replaces the stock shifter mechanism with billet CNC parts. It will not not require that you change the stock shift knob or boot though, so you can maintain the stock look inside your car. If you have purchased the JPM shift knob and boot in the past, it will also bolt right up to our shifter and you have the best of both worlds :)

Installation time takes about 30 minutes and is easily done from the interior of the car with simple hand tools. The result after installation is a reduction in forward and back motion from 4" to and amazing 2.6" and a much more positive feel when shifting.

The entire kit is only $165 which includes the new stainless steel shift mechanism, black oxide coated adapters and new hardware for installation. With the Labor day sale we are having this weekend, if you pre-order the shifter is only $148.50!

We anticipate shipping the first batch of these on 9-9-14.

To order, visit the link -

DDMWorks Short shifter

If you want to see what it takes to install the short shifter, here is a link to the instructions online -

http://www.ddmworks.com/assets/images/instructions/kappa/Short Shifter Rev A.pdf

Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks,
Dave

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Ordered!

Good work DDM!

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Ordered mine!:willy:

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Sounds good TS!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
interested in reviews.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Before & After Video

Hey Folks,
Just installed the DDMWorks Kappa Shifter today and wanted to post a before and after video for those contemplating this mod. I have to say, Im very impressed with the new characteristics of the shifter. Thanks DDMWorks.
Saturn Sky DDM Short Shifter Mod - YouTube :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
looks pretty cool

I hope they have one for the T56 Trany also:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Youre very welcome SaturnSkyDude. The preference is subjective but I personally feel that the DDM short shifter should have come stock in our cars. Gives an already sporty car a sportier feel.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Youre very welcome SaturnSkyDude. The preference is subjective but I personally feel that the DDM short shifter should have come stock in our cars. Gives an already sporty car a sportier feel.
The Kappa shifter is fine in stock form; the shorter throw is a refinement for those that like that, but not necessary for most people. Looking forward to mine showing up. In the coupe I don't have the annoyance of cup holders behind me, but crisper shifting is something I value (get moving, Canada Customs!)

GM screwed the pooch big time on the Fiero in that regard, though. The stock shifter was so high it was laughable. One of the early mods I did was to fit a shorter shift lever.

Pics (taken from a Fiero site)

Before

After

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Holy Crap!! That Fiero shifter is nuts and a shorter shifter is absolutely necessary for that application. Though I agree that the Kappa shifter is not a necessary mod, it is a fun one that complements the car.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Yeah, when I first sat in a Fiero a couple of years before I bought one (I was waiting for GM to do a turbo version). I thought the ridiculously long shifter was the equivalent of motorcycle 'ape hanger' handlebars. The guy that designed them was either an orangutan or had never sat in the car.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
GM screwed the pooch big time on the Fiero in that regard, though. The stock shifter was so high it was laughable. One of the early mods I did was to fit a shorter shift lever.

Pics (taken from a Fiero site)

Before

Hah! That reminds me of a partially completed Model-A hotrod for sale at the Fall Carlisle swap meet a couple of years ago. The shifter was extended out the top of the roof (and had a chromed skullhead on top)!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
id like to see it in action.

looks like a smooth and easy shift, unlike some short shifters which are harder to shift.

wonder if this will make the tranny feel more like a sports car tranny should...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
id like to see it in action.

looks like a smooth and easy shift, unlike some short shifters which are harder to shift.

wonder if this will make the tranny feel more like a sports car tranny should...
The shorter the throw the harder the shift, if it was notchy before it'll be even more notchy now.
I installed my ddm shifter the other day, since i already had a shabby shifter, installing the ddm one made my throw only 2" long from 1st to 2nd. Its really notchy now and requires some force to move, im gonna regrease it over the weekend because i was a bit light with the application.
I question myself if i actually went into gear, that's how short it is now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.