Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

The replacement sky fenders are here!

These are factory style replacement fenders for the 2007-2009 Saturn Sky/ Opel GT's. We put a lot of effort into getting these as close to stock as possible, which meant using a more complicated 3 piece molds to get all the details. The piece is then hand laid fiberglass, with extra backing placed along the edges to make them stronger. Also the bottom has been reinforced to make it a little stronger also. The grill inserts are not included and either the fender can be ran as an open vent, or you can transfer the vents over to the new fender. These molds were pulled off of stock fenders and line up very well, but we do recommend having them professionally fitted before painting.

You can purchase the fenders online here:

DDMWorks Sky Products

The price per fender is $205, and we are going to do our best to get these shipped out within a couple days of orders, but we can only pull so many pieces per day. So the orders will be filled as they come in.

If you have any questions, please let me know, I will be happy to answer them!

Thanks again,
Dave

Reactions: sahein

·
Registered
18,766 Posts
:yay::yay::party::party::dthumbs:

They look terrific...but u know how the fault finder always find fault...why were they made in silver graphite...should have been silver pearl...but u don't have to answer that. Its great to know there is a source...GM should be ashamed.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Silver pearl would be great, Mike. Based upon some of the post, there seems to be quite a need for these fenders, especially since one had stated that their dealer could no longer get fenders.

·
Registered
576 Posts
THERE IS A SKY GOD !!!!

:dthumbs: Thank you ddmworks :dthumbs:

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Hey Dave - this is great news. I haven't cracked one yet, but it's good to know you guys are there if and when it happens. Way to step up to the plate!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Perhaps a glimpse into the future?

Along with “The Fiero Store” – DDM could well become “The Kappa Store”

Thanks in advance Dave

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Dave,
Are these Gel coated and pretty much ready for paint or are they raw fiberglass?

Thanks!
Steve

·
Registered
133 Posts
Open or Closed

Is anyone going to run these open or re-install the closed vents I understand there may be engine issues running them open but they look better functional.

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is anyone going to run these open or re-install the closed vents I understand there may be engine issues running them open but they look better functional.
We have a car here at the shop that has been running them open for quite awhile with no problems. He does have a mesh on them though to keep large stuff out.

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks Dave
Nice to see someone taking care of our Sky needs.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
This is a perfect example of DDM stepping up and providing products the customers need/want.

Example: If you were a company with a big problem with supplying customers with a key body panel replacement and faced a significant long-term backorder would you:

a. Spends weeks, if not months, in a bureaucratic pretzel looking for an out-sourced vendor to supply the part to your supply chain?

b. Jump in, find a solution & offer it to their customers. Win-win solution.

Thanks again Dave!!!:):):)

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why buying a replacement sky fender which needs to be professionally fitted before painting, when getting the original part much cheaper from: :confused:

Part.com

Fender Right $179.99

Fender Left $188.98
All the sites we have checked on the fenders, offer them and will take your order, but the part is still on backorder and not available from GM.

As for the professional fitting that we say on the description, really the parts we have put on here fit just like stock.

However, since there is such variance between cars, and most people are having a professional paint them anyway, that is why we suggest having a professional fit them. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Why buying a replacement sky fender which needs to be professionally fitted before painting, when getting the original part much cheaper from: :confused:

Part.com

Fender Right $179.99

Fender Left $188.98
Question, Have YOU ordered one from this site? If so, have YOU received said part? I rest my case..:skep:

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did check with parts.com and got a nice reply back from them that basically boiled down to:

...unfortunately at this time we are unable to fulfill your Saturn part(s) request...

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I check with a friend at GM there are no sky fenders available, he told me to check a national used parts company GM has not found a company that wanted to make them for a limited production car. I told him to call Dave :):):)...but then we would have to pay more...:):):) seal9

·
Registered
146 Posts
Found out Friday when my car was up in the air that both fenders are cracked on the bottom from a previous tire replacement...so eventually I'll have to cough up to get these..also all 4 plastic inserts into the wheel wells are cracked from my previous owners choice of 22" rims...battery is crap..nicks..dents...broken lug bolts..and paint degradation in several areas...One thing after another with this..and thats just to get it back to stock...previous owner really didn't take care of it and I was too excited to buy it that I didnt even bother to look at these things..:banghead:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.