Saturn Sky Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
OK - Sorry! :confused:
No need to apologize, :D I appreciate the tip!!:thumbs: If DDM does not come thru, at least I have the option of ANY color.. :cheers:
AND cheaper!!

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Isn't GM obliged to provide replacements for parts that fail under the warranty? Several people have reported problems with the fenders developing stress fractures and several have reported issues with the Saturn logo in the grill degrading. In both cases GM says they don't have parts. Come on GM, don't piss us off more than you have already.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Isn't GM obliged to provide replacements for parts that fail under the warranty? Several people have reported problems with the fenders developing stress fractures and several have reported issues with the Saturn logo in the grill degrading. In both cases GM says they don't have parts. Come on GM, don't piss us off more than you have already.
There is a law that says that a company must furnish parts for 10 years after a product is sold. I don't know how bankruptcy might affect that requirement though.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
YES, Up to 7 for cars (or is 10 years?). Either way don't matter, I'm not gonna sue them, and they know we are not going to sue them. Their lame excuse is "they don't have any, don't know (if ever) they will have any and the lamest excuse of all, they can't finds a manufacturer :skep: (yea right)
They just send me discount crap to buy a new GM products, (yea right)..

after what they have done to me with H2, my Sky, and my daughters G6 GT, it'll be a long time before I buy anything from Government Motors, and certainly NOT while owned by the federalists..:nono:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Reading through this now I'm paranoid. I have a 2009 Hydro Blue LE and I'm just thinking how much it is going to cost when/if I need to have these replaced....and the paint matched. CHA-CHING$$$$$

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Reading through this now I'm paranoid. I have a 2009 Hydro Blue LE and I'm just thinking how much it is going to cost when/if I need to have these replaced....and the paint matched. CHA-CHING$$$$$
Don't be!! Just go with the flow... No one can predict the future...

so far many of us are doing just fine!!! AND not only that, I have NO plans to get rid on my Sky, over my dead body...:cheers:

Only thing that would change that is if I really can't fix it...:D

And the odds on that is just like any other car you buy, drive or own...

Every time you get behind the wheel its life & reality, enjoy it!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
2008 base, purchased from original owner at 27,3000 garaged and pampered miles. Red/black
23 Posts
Hello Everyone,

The replacement sky fenders are here!

These are factory style replacement fenders for the 2007-2009 Saturn Sky/ Opel GT's. We put a lot of effort into getting these as close to stock as possible, which meant using a more complicated 3 piece molds to get all the details. The piece is then hand laid fiberglass, with extra backing placed along the edges to make them stronger. Also the bottom has been reinforced to make it a little stronger also. The grill inserts are not included and either the fender can be ran as an open vent, or you can transfer the vents over to the new fender. These molds were pulled off of stock fenders and line up very well, but we do recommend having them professionally fitted before painting.

You can purchase the fenders online here:

DDMWorks Sky Products

The price per fender is $205, and we are going to do our best to get these shipped out within a couple days of orders, but we can only pull so many pieces per day. So the orders will be filled as they come in.

If you have any questions, please let me know, I will be happy to answer them!

Thanks again,
Dave
I will be the latest to say thank you, thank you for making these available to the SKY community. When I ordered a few weeks ago, I was told to expect about a two month wait due to the back orders, so I was astonished when the piece arrived in just three weeks. Have it at my body shop now getting painted while I am out of town, so upon return I lookk forward to what the body guy called "an almost perfect car that will be perfect when the fender gets replaced."

Pics to come.

·
Administrator
7,915 Posts
DDM has always supplied a good product. I'm glad to hear that they are getting better able to deliver.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Linkey no workey! 404 Error.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.