Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received and installed the metal dead foot pedal that was not installed on the older SKYS...it is a simple installation, only 2 nuts which hold it on...if u want to see the pic of the original rubber dead pedal, go back to Jdigiant's thread...otherwise, it is a cinch to replace, less than 5 mins.

Thank you SKY SPY for the correct item#15911803...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Part Number ...?

Cost .... ?

Inquiring minds want to know ....................me too .....:)

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
part number is posted...
cost...employees...52 dollars including jersey tax
79 dollars without jersey tax

I wonder if some dealerships would give it gratis since this was omitted during production...it is part of the leather package.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
part number is posted...
cost...employees...52 dollars including jersey tax
79 dollars without jersey tax

I wonder if some dealerships would give it gratis since this was omitted during production...it is part of the leather package.
it was not part of the leather package orginally. I have the premium interior and don't have the matching dead pedal. From what I can tell, its an update to all skys, big and small...so I doubt any dealer will do it for free.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
"dead Foot Pedel"???

Sorry, but what is it?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Sorry, but what is it?
The "Dead Pedal" is a non-functional footrest to the left of the driver footwell. If you have a manual transmission, there are three functioning pedals - gas, brake and clutch right to left. But it's not a good idea to ride with your foot on the clutch all the time, so there is a "fourth" pedal to the extreme left that serves as a footrest.

Earlier SKYs did not have the matching stainless steel dead pedal/footrest. Later SKYs come with it automatically.

Attachments

·
Registered
994 Posts
Mine doesn't have it.:mad: I'll mention it to the dealer.

Hey:nono: Whose car you calling old? :kick: With a vin of 100243, my baby can't be but seven months old. :boxing: Or am I wrong on that:huh: :dunno:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Mine doesn't have it.:mad: I'll mention it to the dealer.

Hey:nono: Whose car you calling old? :kick: With a vin of 100243, my baby can't be but seven months old. :boxing: Or am I wrong on that:huh: :dunno:
You didn't even make the first 200.....:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Thanks folks, I put my foot there all the time but I didn't know what that spot was called. Guess I'll call dealer and order one up. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Ordered! Like $85. w/ tax in NM.

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Although it was not included in lower Vin# SKYS, it certainly is part of the Premium Leather package. We do not know if they were not available during early production or not...either way, some NICE dealers may include it as a missing item for your car and cover it, once u bring it to their attention....but the key word is NICE. (Remeber, dealerships r not paying for it, it is under the warranty and you paid for that premium package)

I had to pay for mine...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yeah no sign of it on my my 326 VIN'd Sky...

Is this something that they (my dealer) would have any clue what I was talking about or would I have to explain what should have been and what I feel cheated out of? Sky Dealer -- any memos or anything sent out about them?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Thanks folks, I put my foot there all the time but I didn't know what that spot was called.
I think it's called "The F Spot" since my car seems to rev up when I rub my foot there.:jester: :eek:

Hopefully I have a "nice" dealer who will cover. I'll be sure to print out the picture posted and take it with me.:thumbs:

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You should use the part # when explaining this...it is not a part # for the roadster but listed for the R/L. It should be noted that it does come standard with the roadster also. And no one really knows if it wasn't available during early production or as USMC stated, added during the production process.

The actually part name is Foot Pedal

·
Registered
420 Posts
I checked with my dealer today and they said they can't cover it under warranty unless I have the so-called 'defective' foot rest/pedal to turn in after they install the new one.
The dealers have to return any defective part back to corporate for all warranty repairs.

So the "It fell off" explanation won't work. If you do find a dealer like marlboromike said that will get it for you for free then you are the lucky one!

Blah so I went ahead and ordered it...cost was around $79.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
It does look nice to have that dead pedal dressed up to match the other pedals, but...I suppose it is something that I can live without...especially since I don't look down there too often. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts