Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email from my dealer parts dept, says all my accessories I have ordered are waiting for my SKY to catch up to them. Everything I orderd is coming in now with the exception of the CAI, which is still on unavailable. Here is a list of what I know is coming in or already here:

Car Cover
Tonneau Cover
Ashtray package
Locking gas cap
Floor Mats

CAI- backorder on hold for availability

I have accessories but no SKY, now don't that beat all!:willy: :lol:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Thats exciting.:thumbs:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Floor Mats standard from factory? Code B32

Ernest said:
Just got an email from my dealer parts dept, says all my accessories I have ordered are waiting for my SKY to catch up to them. Everything I orderd is coming in now with the exception of the CAI, which is still on unavailable. Here is a list of what I know is coming in or already here:

Car Cover
Tonneau Cover
Ashtray package
Locking gas cap
Floor Mats

Floor Mats come with it?: According to the detail sheet I have published December 2, 2005 it list B32 Floor Mats, carpeted as STANDARD on the SKY, my dealer even said they come with floor mats from the factory. Is this not right?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Sunny Ragtop said:
Floor Mats come with it?: According to the detail sheet I have published December 2, 2005 it list B32 Floor Mats, carpeted as STANDARD on the SKY, my dealer even said they come with floor mats from the factory. Is this not right?
Yeah they are listed as standard, but I think those are the carpeted ones, maybe he ordered the all weather ones listed as dealer options...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ernest, do you know what the car cover is made out of ? I was wanting to get one but couldn't find what they are made out of :confused: ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Yeah they are listed as standard, but I think those are the carpeted ones, maybe he ordered the all weather ones listed as dealer options...
Mine came with the GM mats. They are a 24oz. and is about 1/4" thick and really do not fit proper they could be a little larger in some areas around the seat bracket area.

Lloyd's mats has much better ones the 32oz. is 3/8" and they have a 48oz. 1/2" thick and ultra plush, really nice.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't seen them yet, but when I do I will post all the info I can on this thread. I am waiting on email to verify they are in fact here already, or shipped, but was told they are waiting for SKY to cat up, and yes I ordered the all weather floor mats. I guess I got a little caught up when I ordered the parts. But they could come in handy though, ya' think? Besides, I have X amount of dollars put aside for my SKY, might as well get the works!!:D :thumbs: You can't take it with you,ya know wut I mean? Besides we are spending our kids inheritance:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ernest said:

Car Cover
Tonneau Cover
Ashtray package
Locking gas cap
Floor Mats

I know this is a stupid question, but what is the difference between a Tonneau cover and a car cover?

:confused:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JayZ said:
I know this is a stupid question, but what is the difference between a Tonneau cover and a car cover?

:confused:
A car cover covers the entire car, as in when not in use, a tonneau cover cover the cockpit when you are parked, sop you don't have to put the top up everytime. It also has a zipper down the middle so when you are driving solo the passenget side of the cockpit is protected. They aare a must in my opinion for a roadster. I am a TR3 vet, and it saved my behind a few times.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Ernest...can u tell me if holes have to be drilled into the trunk for the tonneau cover....another thread said it has to be....can u verify how it remains seated in the rear of the vehicle...dealer could not answer that question...thanks alot

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ernest said:
A car cover covers the entire car, as in when not in use, a tonneau cover cover the cockpit when you are parked, sop you don't have to put the top up everytime. It also has a zipper down the middle so when you are driving solo the passenget side of the cockpit is protected. They aare a must in my opinion for a roadster. I am a TR3 vet, and it saved my behind a few times.
Ernest,

Thanks for the info. Is it that easy to put on that it beats using the top when you park? I've never thought about it before, but I like the idea of having a cover for the passenger seat when driving solo so will take your recommendation and get one.:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
marlboromike said:
Ernest...can u tell me if holes have to be drilled into the trunk for the tonneau cover....another thread said it has to be....can u verify how it remains seated in the rear of the vehicle...dealer could not answer that question...thanks alot
Holes do have to be drilled, I believe four of them. For some people (like me) that was a dealbreaker. I'll just put the top up.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Reedred...that is a bummer...anyway to modify that. I have no intentions of drilling holes....by the way, that is what's so nice about the Kappasphere windscreen...no holes...just attaches to existing ones...

Another question! Do the all weather floor mats have a logo on them or the words Saturn...or SKY....something that makes it appealing?

By the way, although u may be about 2 hrs from here...u r invited to the barbecue being given by Saturn of Freehold....I will keep u informed....just mail me your e-mail address

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
marlboromike said:
that is what's so nice about the Kappasphere windscreen...no holes...just attaches to existing ones...
Not to mention the difference in appearance over the GM unit. I saw an SSR with a similar GM windscreen about 2 weeks ago. It didn't look so good.

I appreciate the invite, but 4 hours of driving plus time for the event would be a bit much on a Monday night, I'm afraid. Have a good time and I'll be anxiously awaiting your test drive report!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think it is practical, especially uif you do a lot of in and out where you have to leave the sight of your SKY. Imamgine the wear and tear on the frame of the top, because I for one don't care to leave my SKY anywhere with the top down & cockpit open, all it would take would be a cigerrette flipped in the cockpit by someone and , viola, instant damage. It is much easier to just unzip one side, hop in and go. My opinion though, the holes don't bother me, it will be installed by my dealership, and any screw ups they will handle.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will go buy my dealer and look at the t-cover & car cover in the next day or so, I will take notes, is there anything I should specifically make notes on?
Anything in particular you want me to check?

·
Registered
127 Posts
What color? What kind of material? How hard is it to secure to car? As I will be putting it on every time I park it for long period away from home. 12 hour shift at work. Dont want it to get dirty or that awful sea mist on it.
Kimmi:D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts