Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say, does anyone have or know if their dealer is going to put one of those stupid little dealer emblems on their car? And if so, what are they going to do about it. I hate those things, as it is basically free advertizing and feel if they deface the car that way they should give us a discount for being their driving bill board!:brentil:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I asked mine to leave it off too... I said one of those license frames were ok.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Even if they do it's easy to remove no problem! Get a hair dryer and heat the eblem up so the glue becomes loose then use a piece of fishing string and rake it off. After doing so, use a rag to wipe off excess glue! There...no annoying dealer emblem. I am actually going to take my GM emblems off the sides of the car (beside the front wheels). I did not like that at all when I saw them this weekend.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I didn't ASK, I told my dealer absolutely NO lettering on the car. License plate frame is ok, BUT NO badges or lettering.

Sales manager said, no problem. We will not put it on.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I think I put it in as a term of purchase. I had a friend who purchased an Eagle Talon when they first came out. The dealer was insistant on putting something on the car. He told them they could if they gave him $500 a year for the right to advertize on his car. They backed off. :lol:

I like my dealer for the most part and I'm going to tell everyone where I got the car anyway.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
tiger20005 said:
Even if they do it's easy to remove no problem! Get a hair dryer and heat the eblem up so the glue becomes loose then use a piece of fishing string and rake it off. After doing so, use a rag to wipe off excess glue! There...no annoying dealer emblem. I am actually going to take my GM emblems off the sides of the car (beside the front wheels). I did not like that at all when I saw them this weekend.
That works for the plastic emblems, but not for the lettering/decals.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
That works for the plastic emblems, but not for the lettering/decals.
usually the little diecut letters will just peel off on a warm day if you do it carefully, I have many times usually as soon as I get the car home, and sometime before I get home I will stop and take them off......takes only a few minutes and no after effects...believe me I would rather have those on the car than one of the hard plastic emblems they use..

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My dealer does not put decals or anything on teh car - they will put a license frame. If I remember correctly they even ASK if you want the frame.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
To the best of my knowledge I do not think I have seen a California car with any type dealer badge on it. Not sure if it is law or just not done.

I remember years ago in Pennsylvania they would rivet a Chrome Dealer signature on your car. Which would end being the first place the car would rust :brentil:

I would imagine they use some sort of glue based method now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My dealer said they never put those on their cars - only license plate frames. My fiance' hates the dealership logos on cars so I called to make sure there won't be one on our Sky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts