Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been posted before, I am not sure. With the numbers to come out tomorrow how does the dealer know they earned an allocation of a Sky, are they notified by e-mail, or some internal system? Also, how soon after are they notified the dealership earned a unit(s) can they imput them into the system? Just curious for how the system works.:driving: Thanks Everyone :thumbs:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Its all quite complicated but some of our resident experts have done a great job of explaining it. Just do a search and you will find loads of threads on allocation. I would answer you if I could - but it honestly is an expert type question. Search is your best bet.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
This may have been posted before, I am not sure. With the numbers to come out tomorrow how does the dealer know they earned an allocation of a Sky, are they notified by e-mail, or some internal system? Also, how soon after are they notified the dealership earned a unit(s) can they imput them into the system? Just curious for how the system works.:driving: Thanks Everyone :thumbs:
Here you go:

The dealer goes online to GM DealerWorld and checks his weekly allotments.

If he gets an alloted Sky image, SKY image is ZMB67; R/L is ZMG67, he then can either manually match his image to an existing preliminary order #, taking the the one with the highest Priority number, or amy one he wants, and match them together to make an actaul physical order, at which time it leaves the Web and enters into the GM VOMS (Vehicle Order Management System). Or he can wait until Sat morning and the system will automatically match the two together, based upon the next priority build number.

Example is as mine: Prelimiary Order KFFN2X + Dealer Image ZMG67 = VOMS Order KFFN2X 7/21/06

·
Registered
304 Posts
Exactly what Ernest said, but the biggest part of the puzzle is that the dealer has to manually go online to get the info, even to download data. No part of this is automatic. So if a dealer tells you they don't know what your order status is it may be because they don't look once a week. Why would they not ge this info weekly? Well, maybe they are too busy selling cars that day, or it happens to be the day off for the one individual in the dealership that has the access code 9either business mgr or n.c. mgr.; or once they know that the order will get picked up according to allocation they assume there is nothing more they can do until the car shows up on the carrier. They might be busier online checking other dealer inventory for the right color or option package for a VUe or Ion they just sold and don't have. Maybe they only have a few cars on order specifically presold and the rest of their orders are just stock. Little do some of them realize the importance of daily (don't you wish it were hourly emails from the plant with pictures of your actual car as it travels down the assembly line) updates, even though the data only changes once every 7 days. Or they are unaware that constraints can hold up an order that could get released simply by deleting an option or two.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It would be be a great world if dealers would check daily, but in all fairness they can't be expected to do that. Once a week is good if your dealer will do that, some won't though. Yes the system will automatically order after 8 pm Sat if it isn't manually done. My GM doers not let the system do it, he does all the orders manually that he is allotted. Some opt to go the other way.

Remember that the SKY is not their money maker, it is a HALO vehicle. They are much more interested in ordering and maintianing a good stock of IONS, RElays,. VUEs & RElays. That is where the profit lies. In some rare cases dealers will check more frequently , such as a longtime valued customer, etc.

And Yes the order has to be manually pulled in off the web from the specific dealer allotment.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
It would be be a great world if dealers would check daily, but in all fairness they can't be expected to do that. Once a week is good if your dealer will do that, some won't though. Yes the system will automatically order after 8 pm Sat if it isn't manually done. My GM doers not let the system do it, he does all the orders manually that he is allotted. Some opt to go the other way.

Remember that the SKY is not their money maker, it is a HALO vehicle. They are much more interested in ordering and maintianing a good stock of IONS, RElays,. VUEs & RElays. That is where the profit lies. In some rare cases dealers will check more frequently , such as a longtime valued customer, etc.

And Yes the order has to be manually pulled in off the web from the specific dealer allotment.
My dealer checks every day first thing in the morning. He's just as excited for me to get my car as I am.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts