Saturn Sky Forum banner

Dealer considering $3995.00 mark up in Colorado

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ishot3bucks 
#1 ·
Members,
I am the first customer in line. at on the 5 Colorado dealerships. I placed a $500 deposit down. Was notified that I could pick my colors, etc. and yesterday when I went in to do so the dealer told me that the parent dealership is considering a mark up at all their dealerships of nearly 4K!!! :banghead: :brentil: :confused:

Greed, even though some will pay is not a good thing. This could have been told to the buyers a while back... I understand that Saturn reccomends that dealers use MSRP, and that each dealer runs "their" business. But come on Saturn/dealer this just doesn't feel "reasonable and prudent" :rolleyes:

Any body else hearing about such a mark up???

#4 ·
Dealer mark-up

I'm lucky, my dealer is selling at MSRP. I think when we start receiving Skys and actual cash is laid out then we should post who is up charging. I'm in the market for a Vue next year and I will go back to my dealer since he was fair but had he tacked on another 2 or 3000 then I would go elswhere. My recommendation is to go elsewhare and find a fair dealer. He still has to service it regardless of where you buy it and he makes money whether it's from you or a warranty claim. So don't let him give you that crap about not buying from him because of service. Good luck!

Loaded Chili Pepper Red 2007 Sky (#1 on list of 30)

#5 ·
My dealer here, is charging me the sticker price....And I'am the first at this dealer, No mark up, not a good way to do buisness. But it is my understanding that some dealers here will be putting them up to the highest bidder, which is dead wrong in my opinion. I must say I have bought 2 saturns from this dealer as well as sending another 3 buyers to them so that may have helped.

#6 ·
This is my first experience with Saturn and my dealership said they know I could make $5,000 if I sold this car the next day after I receive it...They know better...That is MY CAR!! So I know they are not shafting me. This will go a long way for them, because I will go out of my way to get people to buy from them. I will ONLY buy a car from them in the future...they know how to value a customer!!! Tell your dealer he is an A-hole! I hope he reads this!!

Ishot3bucks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.