Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe, I couldn't take my sky in for service and get it back without them screwing it up. I have read that people's car's have been damaged from not being lifted properly etc. I just waxed my car on Tues for the 1st time and went over every inch of the car! I took it to the dealership because rear diff was leaking and the idiot put a small dent in the underside of the car, it's not really that bad but I mean if you can't take it to the dealership and be safe then where? I left a message with the manager as the service dept was already closed. I'm sure they will offer to fix it but how much more damage can they do when they try to fix that. I'm pissed :mad: I got on the ground and checked to make sure they didn't damage it and sure enough, most people probably wouldn't look that close but I'm a little anal about my cars especially when it's BRAND NEW. :banghead:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry to hear what happened. And you have every right to be anal, after all you waited a long time to get that vehicle and if your not pro-active towards what is yours no one else will be. Soooo don't let them get away with it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
My retailer still only has one tech trained on the SKY, and he is the only one they let work on the SKY's... no matter how minor. He told me that even though he knows where the jack points are, he still will get on his knees and double check before lifting.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Damn, thats irritating. I have the same issues when I need to bring cars in anywhere for service. Unfortunately I always think that they will screw up something. AND IT ALWAYS AND I MEAN ALWAYS happens. Maybe a scratch on your car, maybe a dent, maybe a new noise from somewhere, but it messes with your psyche.... was it there before or did they do something wrong. Perfect example.... I brought my Sky to have the dents fixed, they didn't fix the dents for whatever reason, but they did break my cup holder ont he passenger side. I knew it would break someday but I fully expected it to be me or someone I know that did it, NOT MY DEALER. and yes, if you can't bring you car to the dealer worry free, where the hell CAN you go?

:mad: :banghead:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh yeah, and another thing..... How confident should I be in my dealer when I see a bunch of kids (high school?) servicing cars instead of trained techs? Shouldn't those kids be at the local oil changer?:mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
i'm sorry about the car i had the samething happen to me except they scratched my door they fixed it of course but i was hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
61 Posts
Oh yeah, and another thing..... How confident should I be in my dealer when I see a bunch of kids (high school?) servicing cars instead of trained techs? Shouldn't those kids be at the local oil changer?:mad:

Sometimes "kids" know more that the old outdated techs. I am 23(most say I look 18-19) and am a bodyman and only work on high end cars(MB,BMW,Ferrari, Bentley,Porsche,RR...etc) and it freaks people out when they see me working on their babys. I have been trained by the best schools/teachers in the country and do better quality work; and make more money, than most techs twice my age.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I will however "remind" my service adviser when I take my Sky in for its first oily change, to make sure only a Sky trained tech works on it, I don't care about his age, just read above post, you would be surprised how talented the young guns can be if they were properly trained by an old man that himself was a super expert--My problem in not the age of the tech. Putting this car on a lift HAS to be done carefully, and if trained, no damage should occur.

Also, I bought my Sky at a "multi-car" dealer. I don't want the Hummer tech working on my Sky lets day, and I don't want the Sky tech working on my Hummer--He (the Hummer tech) is used to the large clearance, the Sky has none. :lol: That is when problems can occur, good tech, wrong car is likely to cause "problems".

·
Registered
61 Posts
I will however "remind" my service adviser when I take my Sky in for its first oily change, to make sure only a Sky trained tech works on it, I don't care about his age, just read above post, you would be surprised how talented the young guns can be if they were properly trained by an old man that himself was a super expert--My problem in not the age of the tech. Putting this car on a lift HAS to be done carefully, and if trained, no damage should occur.

Also, I bought my Sky at a "multi-car" dealer. I don't want the Hummer tech working on my Sky lets day, and I don't want the Sky tech working on my Hummer--He (the Hummer tech) is used to the large clearance, the Sky has none. :lol: That is when problems can occur, good tech, wrong car is likely to cause "problems".

Very true; I used to be a tech at Volvo when I was in high school. One of the "better" techs would never look under the car when he lifted it; he would just kick the legs under and hoped/knew that they were generally where they are supposed to be.

There are certain cars however that cannot be lifted; without special made lift or attachments, without some damage. If you ever get a chance to lift a POS Lambo Murcielago you'll know exactly what I mean.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They didn't really screw it up on the underneath part I think they hit the car with the lift before they put it under the car. There is a dent about an inch or so from the very bottom of the car before it starts to round off and go under the car. If your close to the car its hard to see but if you stand back a ways and look you can see it and if you get on your hands and knees and look to make sure they didn't damage it like I did you can really see it. Like Ken said I'm so paranoid about something happening to the car it's almost like I knew it was going to happen and it did.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a simple rule.............NOBODY touches my car unless they want to be a passenger.:nono:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts