Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just found out i can get in tonight for dealer/media day at the cleveland show! :cheers: woohoo! :willy: im gunna hunt down that sky and ill get whatever pics i can. unfortunately, my camera is home and i wont have a change to get it, so all i have is the camera on my cell. :banghead: ill see what i can do.

·
Registered
78 Posts
lucky you, are you 6-2 250 is so jump into the seat and check on the size
Also open the trunk
I will send $5.00 for your bail OOOPs it is $5.00 CDN! LOL

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
airbalancer said:
lucky you, are you 6-2 250 is so jump into the seat and check on the size
Also open the trunk
I will send $5.00 for your bail OOOPs it is $5.00 CDN! LOL
$5 canada will get me my one free call. thanks anyways!

by the way, im 5'6", so the car would be a good fit for me. EVERYONE NOTE: this may have been mentioned before, but please realize... this car is so much bigger in person than it looks in pictures. this car is NOT the same size as a miata. not even close! its got the feel of being even larger than the z4, so i imagine they have really worked to make the interior seem bigger. our taller members should be able to fit in the car fine, they just wont be able to lean the seats back.

i had some of my questions answered, and some new ones were created...

first, the top will be a manual cloth top. it will be available in black AND tan/brown. I asked if she would be able to open the trunk for me. she told me that she was not allowed to. she said that she was SPECIFICALLY told not to open the trunk or the hood for anyone, not even herself. so she wasnt able to answer many of the questions i had about that, because she herself had never seen. this leads me to wonder, and ill speculate more on a different thread.

also mentioned is that there will be 9 colors. i was not told which 9, but there will be 9. and i will vouch for the silver looking so hot!

the reverse light at the bottom af the back is confirmed to be a reverse light and i was not able to tell if it had one or two bulbs. the center light is a third brake light and it IS LED.

Another thing i noticed is that with the way the trunk is set up, it will be next to impossible for a wing to be put on the trunk, and i assume that behind the trunk, the next piece is just plastic, since it extends down to the bumper. so for the aftermarket people, sorry.

i noticed that the hood is huge and extends from wheel to wheel. it really reminds me of the first generation viper. i couldnt tell if it opened foreward or backward though. i couldnt really see any good locations for hinges, so im not sure how they would have set this up. sounds like more research for me.

another thing that cought my eye... the car sits low, but it does need ground effects. ground effects would give the car a more squared off feel at the ground, and it would flow more with the theme of the car with its edges and lines.

oh, and i almost forgot. all of the openings in the front fiasca... yeah, they are all functional! woohoo!

and the calipers almost looked like they could be two or four piston. anyone know?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
swatthefly said:
...first, the top will be a manual cloth top. it will be available in black AND tan/brown. I asked if she would be able to open the trunk for me. she told me that she was not allowed to. she said that she was SPECIFICALLY told not to open the trunk or the hood for anyone, not even herself. so she wasnt able to answer many of the questions i had about that, because she herself had never seen. this leads me to wonder, and ill speculate more on a different thread....
Great on getting more info - just take it for what it's worth, and a grain or two of salt...

I'd hate for you to get your hopes up for something only to find out (not surprisingly) that you were told incorrectly by a show model.

If you look at the volume of information coming from the shows on the Solstice, I'd guess it's turning out that only about 60% of it is or was correct - I'm sure we'll find out when the Sol' actually gets in our hands, but some of the models were making stuff up, like:

-the silver buttons with holes in the decklid were "finger holes"?!?!?!? to open the decklid...
-there would be a hard top coming (NO indication of this from GM at all)
-top would come in two colors (recent articles mention that only black top is available)

and a BUNCH more inaccurate info, this was just a few of the mostly verified wrong information - combined with very accurate information too. Just keep in mind, Swat', that just 'cause a showperson says something doesn't mean it's real... I doubt they actually know colors this far in advance, or whether they will be sharing colors with the Sol', or what...

It would be neat to create a thread with ALL of the info from shows for each of the features. As different folks come along and get a good talk with showpeople, we can log in "reports" from the different places the Sky makes it. Then you'd start to see the contradictory reports from all over.

Just off the bat, I can think of these areas:

-Colors
-Options
-Availability
-Top operation and information
-Trunk
-Engine/Trans future and current configs
-Tires

In your case, you'd go to the specific thread and log in that your model told you at your show there would be 9 colors, then in the top operation and information you can report a manual top only, cloth, and you were told two colors... and so on.

Just a thought - might start to gel together the accurate and inaccurate information floating around, and make it easier to put together the contradictions that the showpersons from the various shows have been quoting...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that wouldnt be a bad idea. i think it would be good to filter out some of the bad info we've gotten.

ive heard some reps saying stuff that isnt true, and i coul pick out some stuff that this rep obviousely didnt know or made up, but most of it seemed like she had just met with someone to update info.

·
Registered
33 Posts
swatthefly said:
by the way, im 5'6", so the car would be a good fit for me. EVERYONE NOTE: this may have been mentioned before, but please realize... this car is so much bigger in person than it looks in pictures. this car is NOT the same size as a miata. not even close! its got the feel of being even larger than the z4, so i imagine they have really worked to make the interior seem bigger. our taller members should be able to fit in the car fine, they just wont be able to lean the seats back.
When designing a product a designer should try to make the product fit all but the top 2.5% and bottom 2.5% of the population as a general rule. Meaning all but the extraordinarily tall and short should be taken into consideration. According to the numbers I just found on the net for a male in the U.S 97.5% male is 6'2" 5/8, a 97.5% female is 5'8" 7/8. I dont know if they would average these numbers or design for the 2.5% female to the 97.5% male. Lets hope it is not averaged and if you are taller than this hopefuly GM ignored that rule and made the interior a bit bigger. :D

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
swatthefly said:
oh, and i almost forgot. all of the openings in the front fiasca... yeah, they are all functional! woohoo!
Now that info made my day. :D

We belive the brake system might be the same as the Malibu MAXX or soem version of the Cobalt, the cars we figured the disk came from is in the Solstice FAQ.

The information about the LED brake light is pretty sweet too.

The Sky hood/trunk will open just like the Solstice. I've added an image of it.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts