Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Dealer here is trying to charge 395 Dealer FEE and a 1500.00 MArket Adjustment Fee.. where can i go to not get these?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
YellowSky said:
The Dealer here is trying to charge 395 Dealer FEE and a 1500.00 MArket Adjustment Fee.. where can i go to not get these?
Only thing you can do is go to another dealer :

·
Registered
88 Posts
Unfortunately, there are a bunch of Saturn dealers out there that are acting like Pontiac dealers! Try to find one that still believes in the slogan, "Saturn, a different kind of car compnay". The greedy dealers are going to find out that their extra charge of up to $3000 will end up losing customers in the long run to the still loyal Saturn dealerships!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not too sure where you are located YS, but the dealer in Concord, CA (where I ordered), is proud not to mark up and remain true to Saturn.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've heard about some Saturn dealers pulling s*&$! like this. That prompted me to go to my local Saturn dealer this past Sunday to get the straight skinny on what they're doing. Aboslutely no pricing above MSRP the sales rep said. Saturn of Anchorage is a very small dealership (plus the only one in the entire state of Alaska). So there's no reason for them to be jerks, like some dealerships in the lower 48. Plus they've been in great communication with me from the start. They're already planning a dealership promo party when mine comes in. Sometimes "smaller" IS better!...............yea Anchorage!......:cool:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Well make sure you ask what the fees are -- they may have just grouped a bunch of normal fees together and called them something else when explaining to you the final cost...

For instance, most dealers have a processing fee of about 200 dollars (regardless of what Sky model you get) and then you have the destination charge of 500 or so and you may have location specific licensing and title fees.

From the nice round numbers they gave you it does sound like they are trying to squeeze out some extra money from you - though I would just see before you run to another dealer in case that is all that is happening with the price quote.

·
Registered
389 Posts
1994SC2 said:
Well make sure you ask what the fees are -- they may have just grouped a bunch of normal fees together and called them something else when explaining to you the final cost...

For instance, most dealers have a processing fee of about 200 dollars (regardless of what Sky model you get) and then you have the destination charge of 500 or so and you may have location specific licensing and title fees.

From the nice round numbers they gave you it does sound like they are trying to squeeze out some extra money from you - though I would just see before you run to another dealer in case that is all that is happening with the price quote.
My processing fee will only be $75. Isn't the destination fee included in the MSRP of 23,690?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
GRinLR said:
My processing fee will only be $75. Isn't the destination fee included in the MSRP of 23,690?
Yes it is... the price is something like 23,115... plus destination fee = 23,690.

·
Registered
277 Posts
As to dealer doc fees, they vary by state law. Maryland is $100 max. Virginia can charge as much as $500 or so. It depends on the dealer and the state cap. These charges are on all cars, not just skys.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am in FL and they are charging a "dealer fee" of 395 PLUS a "market adjustment fee" of 1500.00 and thats not including the tax tag title stuff... it is pure profit...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Eddie Sky said:
Not too sure where you are located YS, but the dealer in Concord, CA (where I ordered), is proud not to mark up and remain true to Saturn.
:agree:
I ordered from them too! They are great folks to work with - this will be my third new Saturn purchased from them.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
YellowSky said:
i am in FL and they are charging a "dealer fee" of 395 PLUS a "market adjustment fee" of 1500.00 and thats not including the tax tag title stuff... it is pure profit...
Not called profit, it is called greed. Skip.. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I have an ordered signed by the salesman with the total cost. From the discussions I have had, they are not going to try any fast moves, but if they do, I have a feeling in a court of law they would have to honor this contact.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
:thumbs: I got very lucky at Saturn of Waco everybody. Out the door for MSRP no fast ones. These guys have been great to me since my first purchase in 2003 of the Saturn VUE. I will continue to work with them as well as recommend them to anyone looking for a true Saturn Dealership.:patriot:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts