Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emailed my dealer today to ask what was up with the orders since a number of cars are being delivered. The dealer told me they expect their first one delivered today and that it was going to the owner of the dealership.

Also told me that they currently have 2 more images but haven't "been given the go ahead to order them from production."

Does that make sense, having an image and not being allowed to place an order?

On the bright side, if they have 2 images and one delivered, that means the next image is mine.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Neekburm said:
Emailed my dealer today to ask what was up with the orders since a number of cars are being delivered. The dealer told me they expect their first one delivered today and that it was going to the owner of the dealership.

Also told me that they currently have 2 more images but haven't "been given the go ahead to order them from production."

On the bright side, if they have 2 images and one delivered, that means the next image is mine.
As soon as a dealer gets his image he can order. i don;t know what he is trying to pull... is he the sales manager or just a salesperson...i say talk to the sales manager or general manager of the dealership...

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Neekburm said:

:bs: :skep: :bs: :skep: :bs: :skep: :bs: He or she doesn't know what's going on at all... :nono: There is no reason that I know of for them to actually HAVE an image in their system and not being able to order...

I would try to talk to someone higher up...

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
21 Posts
apparently clueless........once an image is generated (event code 025- "accepted for approval"), the retailer has 8 days to make any "non constrained" changes before the Sky image moves to event 30 where changes are frozen(this applies to skys and relays only). point is, once an image is generated it starts a chain of events ending in production and shipping. their 2nd image will be built regardless.:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Neekburm said:

I think what they are trying to say is... They wont do a special order on those images.

They will order them the way they want, not the way a certain customer wants.

More options = more profit and thats better than paying some mark-up, because you do get something for the money.

I wouldnt order anything without leather or any with a spoiler:)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Neekburm said:

I went thru the same exact thing with my dealer and heres how it panned out....
on a monday they got "allocation" that they would be receiving 4 images. What they told me was that the got 4 images but weren't allowed to order yet. I of course said, if you have images you can order. and they said not till we get the go ahead from the head honcho in the office upstairs. He said they need order #'s before they can place the image.

what we think really happened is that they received "allocation" which I understand that they are told they will be receiving 4 images this cycle but they haven't actually got the image. The confusion starts because the "head honcho" tells is general manager that he got 4 images but he really didn't yet. He was just notified the he will get 4 for this cycle. The GM, not knowing any better, passes the false info to me and I get mad.
but once we put our heads together, we figured that the scenario described above is what happened. the next day, they "got the ok" for 1 image. I believe this is actually when they got the image in and the head honcho passed it down to the GM. about 3 days later they got the "ok" for the last 3 images.

we figure it was either that or this "head honcho" was holding them for some reason, in either case the GM had his hands tied and couldn't do anything anyway till his boss said so.
just my theory

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
This is the way it works at the store I work... :cheers:

GM has a direct connection with our computer system and then moment an image is available to our dealer they "transmit" the information to our system and an actual hard copy sheet of paper is printed out that tells us the image number and shows us the options that have already been selected for that image by GM and it is now immediately available for customizing by the receiving retailer.

I guess it is possible that the General Manager of the store has that printer set up at his office and he decides when to give the "sheet" to the General Sales Manager but the GSM still had access to the list of all transmitted images by just going to the EDS System and looking it up as many times per day as he/she wants. This is why I don't see this as an actual scenario. :nono:

I believe the reasoning here is that the dealer is already ordering the images as they see fit and at this time they are NOT customizing orders for customers... :banghead: Shame on them!!! :mad:

Regards,

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
This is the way it works at the store I work... :cheers:

I believe the reasoning here is that the dealer is already ordering the images as they see fit and at this time they are NOT customizing orders for customers... :banghead: Shame on them!!! :mad:

Regards,

but in my case, they didn't order anything they way they see fit, the image magically got the ok from honcho, then I customized it.

not sure what happened, but the exact terminology was used with me as was used with neekburm and 4 days later I had my image.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ok.. i am going to try to write this so it is understood...... i sometimes have a very hard time explaining what i mean.. so , bear with me please........

WHEN THE IMAGE BECOMES AVAILABLE, is it a PRE-SET SPECS? or is it just a paper stating there is a car that can be built?....

like,... ok, we have an image for .. lets say.. A RED SKY.. WITH BLACK INTERIOR, AND TAN LID.. FULLY LOADED....... ok.... now, do they need to stay with those specs or when they order, can they go according to the customer who is next in line?/...... hope SOMEONE understands what i mean.. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Interesting. I guess I should have clarified, I emailed the Sales Manager, not just my specific sales person.

EDIT: I reread the email, they used the word "allocated." It appears that I'm describing the same situation usmc was in.

Thanks for the clarifications, back to the waiting game.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts