Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from my dealer and was shocked to find out that they are adding $5,000 over MSRP for (and I quote) "fair market value". Are others experiencing that much of a mark-up?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Check this out. I stopped by the Saturn dealer in Ft. Wayne , IN yesterday just to see if they had a demo unit and how they were playing the game. The sales guy told me since they have a GM assembly plant in town they were selling to those employees at MSRP and anyone else was plus $3000.00. Every other car would be sold to the public. Haven't heard of this arrangement before. My dealer in Indianapolis sells at MSRP.

They did not have a Sky but said it was to arrive today (Sunday).

I'm hoping GM loaded that truck for Ft. Wayne and then on to Indy where they have 3 dealers with 4 customer cars of which I am #1 on the list in the Indy market. So once again I will include this in my daily prayer which I say almost hourly.

Do you realize that by following this forum we know more than most dealers?

Keep up the great work everyone!:cheers:

·
Registered
138 Posts
g3c2w1, thats a handfull. saturn canada (and i asume u.s. has a policy to sell there cars at factory MSRP,if you dealer wants more, walk away. also let the local newpaper know what they are do'ing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
if they are do'ing this to you when you buy it, what will that dealer do to you when you go there for service? ask yourself

·
Registered
178 Posts
markups!!!!!!!

i think you should report them on saturnfans.com.....they will expose them........for what they are..........all the dealerships sticking to msrp are listed on their site and are rewarded with good pr............in fact, they want to hear about the dealerships charging over msrp.........they got one dealership to change his mind and charge msrp like all the other reputable dealers..........it's worth a shot!!!!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I totally agree.. REPORT THEM SOMEWHERE...... i have done lots of phone calls just to see if they have one available to view.. and when could i expect to receive one if ordered NOW...... withing the last 2 weeks... i called most the dealerships here in Illinois and one in Omaha, NE...... all MSRP.. and. the same answer... if you order it now, you may not get it before spring. but it is possible...... only 1 of the places was getting one in by monday... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
SkyBaby said:
I totally agree.. REPORT THEM SOMEWHERE...... i have done lots of phone calls just to see if they have one available to view.. and when could i expect to receive one if ordered NOW...... withing the last 2 weeks... i called most the dealerships here in Illinois and one in Omaha, NE...... all MSRP.. and. the same answer... if you order it now, you may not get it before spring. but it is possible...... only 1 of the places was getting one in by monday... SkyBaby-07
By law Saturn cannot force dealers to sell the car at MSRP, however my local dealer was doing the same, then they have backed off at least for people who had deposits. From what I understand a lot of that had to do with the negative feedback they got.

Find a another dealer, if you don't mind waiting a few more months it will be worth it!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
My local dealer Saturn Of Chapel Hill in Akron, Ohio is selling them for MSRP and I am getting the GM employee price since my father is a retired GM employee. I offered them a deposit and they are telling me that their word is all I need. In fact they have not taken a deposit on any of the Skys on order. I am a previous customer and they say thats just the way they do business. :thumbs:

·
Registered
295 Posts
SaturnSkyDude said:
My local dealer Saturn Of Chapel Hill in Akron, Ohio is selling them for MSRP and I am getting the GM employee price since my father is a retired GM employee. I offered them a deposit and they are telling me that their word is all I need. In fact they have not taken a deposit on any of the Skys on order. I am a previous customer and they say thats just the way they do business. :thumbs:
I thought that GM Employee pricing was not available on the SKY. At least according to all my documentation....
Cheers,
Jill

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
I thought that GM Employee pricing was not available on the SKY. At least according to all my documentation....
Cheers,
Jill
I thought it was up to the particular retailer.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Cheers,
Jill
is that "official" documentation? cause everything I've seen has pointed to that it is available? On the gm site itself it lists the sky as discountable? the hurdle will be getting a dealer go honor it.
what gives?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I confirmed it with my dealer AND called GM and confirmed it with them as well. It is ultimatly up to the selling dealer whether or not to sell for the employee discount.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Cheers,
Jill

That is what i was told also..... NO GM EMPLOYEE PRICING... i have SEVERAL relatives that work at different GM facilities... and i asked a couple of them and they say they have to pay at least MSRP.... hmmmmmm..... will we ever know? SkyBaby-07

1 - 15 of 15 Posts