Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FYI, here is the way one dealer keeps track of their orders. On each magnet is an insert they've written the order number, options, buyer name. Mine is under the "Here" column. Note the logjam at POMS-30. Mine was there a couple of weeks and jumped to 'built'-38.

They knew I had been tracking this process pretty closely, in fact I advised my salesman when it went to 'built', so he reached up and pulled out the yellow paper and gave it to me to keep. He also kept the window sticker and onstar sticker.

Was nice to get mine "Made to Order", even though I had to drive 70 miles away. While mine was being made I received several calls from the local dealer that they had received a white (or other color) one, I better come within 30 minutes if possible or it may be sold, and they didn't know if I'd get a chance at another one, or what color or options were even on the next one they were getting.

Only problem so far is on the trunk where the soft top snaps into the hole, my silver plate dislodged, is now off center, and I can't pull back and secure the driver side flap of the soft top. See the thread in 'technical discussions- sky problems" if you want to read about it or have any suggestions or experience with it - keep this thread for 'getting your sky' - thanks.

Epilog - Plate assembly was fixed by local dealer, top closes fine now. - Apr 19 2:50 ET

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
What a great way for a delership to track orders! Wish mine did that.

Congrats on getting yours! :cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Thanks for the info. I know my dealer has some kinda sales board. I'm going to have to have a look at it some night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts