Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday I was stunned to jump from #9 just 1 month ago when I put a deposit to being offered an allocation (they ordered a couple and no automatics available).

On Tuesday he said he had submitted my order, and when I asked him for an order number (as I've seen in here that you all have) he said they won't get an order number per se.

I talked to the salesman again today and he did not know what I meant by event codes or status codes - even after I offered some suggestions like 20, 25, 30, etc. But he did say the car had been sequenced for production.

It is possible they have one GM or Sales Manager does all that, I suppose. Is it possible that not all dealerships use the Vehicle Management System as described in here?

Should I be concerned? He is an old school salesman and been doing it for years, I'm sure when he tells me that it has been sequenced for production that that is true.

I was just looking forward to being able to track this exciting process and now don't have either an order number and looks like I won't be getting the status codes to watch either.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Well I wouldnt say worried, but I would be concerned. I too wanted a print out of my order and called my dealer today. He said I could get it on Monday when my final image goes in. Also, Im not sure if your aware, but every Tues all dealers get a print out from gm on their order status's. So I would be on the bat phone tomorrow to the dealer and tell him you want a copy of your order and check on the consolidated status report they get every tues. Good luck :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Also, if you ordered the car, it should show your nam beside the order ID, if not, then ask why. Unless of course he uis ordering himself for the lot, and lodaded it with everything, selliong it to you as is, take it or leave it.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Well I wouldnt say worried, but I would be concerned. I too wanted a print out of my order and called my dealer today. He said I could get it on Monday when my final image goes in. Also, Im not sure if your aware, but every Tues all dealers get a print out from gm on their order status's. So I would be on the bat phone tomorrow to the dealer and tell him you want a copy of your order and check on the consolidated status report they get every tues. Good luck :thumbs:
Go get 'em girl, PM me with results, I am curious if I was on track

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'll call ya monday or tuesday when I get the print out. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ernest said:
Any salesmen and all GM's know the event codes, and iffen they ordered it, there will be an order ID,6 digit ALHA/NUMERIC. MIne is GEC528, if no order ID, no order. He can always check his weekly consolodated report

not true, the salespeople at my dealership were totally clueless to the codes and what they mean. They were totally unfamiliar with the ordering process.
Reason being, the GM or Sales Manager do all the ordering and tracking. The sales person sells the cars, the finance guy does financing, the managers order and track the cars. When I found that the salespeople didn't know what I was talking about, we went to the GM and he knew exactly what I was saying, and I might say was very very surprised at how well I knew and understood the system. they even joked about offering me a job... hehe

Normally the salesperson would ask the gm for the status and get answer similiar to the answer vuethis got. Kinda of a generic answer. They probably assume that if they told you your car was at code 030 that you wouldn't have a clue what that means, cause I'm sure the average person doesn't know.

anyway, this is how it is at my dealership. Obviously its going to vary from store to store. VUETHIS--- ask to speak with the General Mgr and tell him that you know what the codes mean and would like to know what code your is at. You'll probably surprise him with your knowledge and he should be more than happy to give you the info.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
:agree:

Many dealers where I visited and spoke with the salespeople had no clue as to what I was talking about. I could have been speaking a foreign language as far as they were concerned! :banghead: Most of them didn't even know what an "image" was....let alone status codes. :rolleyes: A few of them even became somewhat rude when I would start rambling on about images, status codes, and the ordering process....I think they were pissed off that I knew more about something than they did. :lol:

·
Registered
178 Posts
salesman not in "the know" of codes

I got the same impression, that the salesman did not know the "codes", he couldn't even say exactly where I am in line......the GM first told me last Saturday my order was going in the end of this month, three days later it was the end of April........I just wish they could be more up front......when I asked the GM what number I was he refused to answer me, only telling me I would be at the end of April to order.......in fact it led me to believe that he might have pushed someone ahead of me........I am ordering the Silver Pearl, 5 sp, cloth, slip diff. and the only extras are mats and asktry.......from what i am reading this should not put me on any hold........i hope that they are being fair...what choice do we have?

·
Registered
21 Posts
In most cases the salesperson is probably being honest with you. their specific responsibilities have nothing to do with ordering or monitoring inventory flow. That being said, they are responsible for supplying their customers with accurate and timely feedback and if that means involving retail management..........so be it. unfortunately, the flow of information from manufacturing down has been lacking which effects the retailer as well.
keep at 'em..............:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Not every salesperson at a Saturn Retailer is so enthralled with a vehicle like the Sky as say Saturn Sales(Jill) and myself. Also, not every retailer allows salespeople to have all the information I have access to as well as Saturn Sales(Jill). :banghead: Some still like it to be a mystery and such so, don't be too hard on your salesperson, he/she may not really know because he/she is not allowed to know. :brentil: There is an old saying in the "car business" that states S.S.S.C. (Stay Stupid Sell Cars) and some old school managers follow that to the tee. :mad: Also some GM's leave all the ordering and tracking to the GSM (General Sales Manager) and the SM (Sales Manager) and they themselves don't know much about what's going on because they have the other managers doing the work leaving him free to figure out how to sell more cars... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
Not every salesperson at a Saturn Retailer is so enthralled with a vehicle like the Sky as say Saturn Sales(Jill) and myself. Also, not every retailer allows salespeople to have all the information I have access to as well as Saturn Sales(Jill). :banghead: Some still like it to be a mystery and such so, don't be too hard on your salesperson, he/she may not really know because he/she is not allowed to know. :brentil: There is an old saying in the "car business" that states S.S.S.C. (Stay Stupid Sell Cars) and some old school managers follow that to the tee. :mad: Also some GM's leave all the ordering and tracking to the GSM (General Sales Manager) and the SM (Sales Manager) and they themselves don't know much about what's going on because they have the other managers doing the work leaving him free to figure out how to sell more cars... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
Everyone has to build there little cacoon of job security:lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Look Youall, my dealer gave a realy good ANS...Saturn has not ever had an auto that has this much bang for the buck..or orders..Most of the buyers pick a car instock and drive....Now they have SP orders to place and customers who want to track the car, saleman don't know anything obout this.. and we do know more than they do, ITs our car our baby, not just a sale...thas what it is to them...They are just starting to understand they have a BIG CAT by the tail and I think we have shocked them a little....SEAL9

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have the same dealer as USMC. Yes, the salespeople are not up on the codes and the process. But the GM and Sales Manager know I know. They keep me posted and provide me printouts whenever I ask. Yes, the get a consolidated report, but they can go into the computer and check the status of your individual order at any time as they are updated as the process proceeds.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ernest said:
Any salesmen and all GM's know the event codes, and iffen they ordered it, there will be an order ID,6 digit ALHA/NUMERIC. MIne is GEC528, if no order ID, no order. He can always check his weekly consolodated report
Wow, thanks everybody for the input. I don't want to PO the salesman, he's been a gentlemen. He confirmed with me what I wanted to order and I'm sure the dealership isn't loading it (pretty sure). But, after all, it's MY $26,000 or whatever with tax and everything it's going to come to and with the information everyone is providing in here I believe they should make the effort to provide me the status information on my order.

I emailed a copy of the codes last night to the dealership in care of the salesman and asked him to look into who might specifically be working with the Vehicle Management System (what is it called exactly, VOM?), and see if they could get the status code.

It may not be a big thing in the end but this is a once (or at least 'first') in a lifetime process for me and I believe they owe me the information if I'm interested.

Tuesday I'll call again and see what info I can shake out. I'd like to have a printout of the order, the order number on it, etc. Until then I've still got a 10% doubt niggling in the back of my mind, and I've turned down 2 other offers for orders this past week, so I'll be really hot if this isn't on the level.

Again, thanks for letting me ramble and vent, I know everyone here in this same process is a little antsy and nervous as well as excited like me.

If not for the people on this and saturnfans forum I would still be in the dark relying on my local dealerships, who are not selling by a prioritized list or letting customers order. That's why I ended up at this dealer 70 miles away.

Thanks to all.:thumbs:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VUETH1S said:
I emailed a copy of the codes last night to the dealership in care of the salesman and asked him to look into who might specifically be working with the Vehicle Management System (what is it called exactly, VOM?), and see if they could get the status code.
Today I received an envelope from the dealer with a copy of one page of the consolidated report showing my order number GFW428 and status code 30. No TPW or VIN yet. It does show my name in the far right column plus the salesman's initials.

Really glad to have the specific order information. A little prodding of the dealership but they came up with it for me. Hopefully will move thru production sequence soon.

Thanks for everybody's info. :cheers: Does the Event Code only get updated once a week on Tuesday in the consolidated report?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts