Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having some confusion with my dealer. I'll save the details for later, after I see how this shakes out.

Many have posted thier order numbers in the forum, can other dealers bring up those orders that they didnt place themselves, to see when they were placed, status codes... all that good stuff?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Having some confusion with my dealer. I'll save the details for later, after I see how this shakes out.

Many have posted thier order numbers in the forum, can other dealers bring up those orders that they didnt place themselves, to see when they were placed, status codes... all that good stuff?
Yes they should. My dealer has old and new system and can see Pontiac under dealer world and the old system to check on Saturn Sky's.

But any Saturn Dealership should be able to bring up any Saturn order number using Dealer world.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Yes they should. My dealer has old and new system and can see Pontiac un der dealer world and the old system to check on Saturn Sky's.

But any Saturn Dealership should be able to bring up any Saturn order number using Dealer world.
Not the case... We have tried to research order numbers for some folks here in Dealer World and we can only see our own orders and not any body else's... :nono: The Old Saturn System can do it but we don't use it anymore... :banghead:

Regards,

BA...

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
You also have to have the VOMs value to do it too.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Not the case... We have tried to research order numbers for some folks here in Dealer World and we can only see our own orders and not any body else's... :nono: The Old Saturn System can do it but we don't use it anymore... :banghead:

Regards,

BA...

There was another saturn dealer that said he is able to do it so I can't understand why you can't ? My dealer said you should have no problems. Have you tried lately ? Because I know you were trying when they first were switching over to dealerworld. But maybe now it's possible. Because Saturn dealer world is set up the same pretty much as the Pontiac's dealer world.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
There was another saturn dealer that said he is able to do it so I can't understand why you can't ? My dealer said you should have no problems. Have you tried lately ? Because I know you were trying when they first were switching over to dealerworld. But maybe now it's possible. Because Saturn dealer world is set up the same pretty much as the Pontiac's dealer world.
Attached is a word document with a screen capture of the screen I go to to get the order inquiry information. Unless I'm going to the wrong screen I have tried using the ORDER # and when available the last 8 of the VIN and no information pops up it is is not from this retailer.

Regards,

BA...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Attached is a word document with a screen capture of the screen I go to to get the order inquiry information. Unless I'm going to the wrong screen I have tried using the ORDER # and when available the last 8 of the VIN and no information pops up it is is not from this retailer.

Regards,

BA...

It won't let me open it. Can you do it and post.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Here it is as a pdf file...

Regards,

BA...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

Regards,

BA...
Here is they reply when I pm'd small dealer.

Saturn has it's own dealership management system and requirements. So not sure what it may or may not work like.

GM has been folding Saturn functions into the mainstream operational system this year. They now allocate cars through the consensus process like other GM lines. They are now using GM Dealerworld's web portal to use Order Workbench. Do not know if they have access to the legacy VOMS system, as we still do. Or if they even used VOMS to start with.

We can access some information, as you know, through VOMS on orders placed by other dealerships.

Order Workbench, just allows a dealership to see their own orders, when ever I tried or where ever I went in it.

S.D.

Don't know if that helps at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts