Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by Elk Grove today to pick up our plates. They just got word that they are getting another jump in allocation of SKYs! We're told that the increase is their reward for adhering to corporate pricing policy.

So, if our dealer is getting many more than they were originally allocated, then it should mean those dealers with MSRP+ and/or mandatory add ons must be equally penalized with allocation cuts. Has anyone heard of Saturn corporate taking this kind of action?

We are happy for our dealership as they are fabulous to us. Admit it would be satisfying to know that the other dealership in our area dropped in allocation due to their huge mark-ups. We'll probably never know. All the same, this seems to be pretty good evidence that Saturn does carry through on their word... and we respect them for taking this action. Score one for MSRP dealerships! :thumbs:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
I would love to see them follow thru on that reward the good and punish the bad.
I know this subject has been cussed and discussed many times, but I truly believe their are several (many) Saturn dealerships that simply do not like the advent of the popular Sky. They don't like the volume of phone calls, the tons of questions, etc. I have talked to several salespersons that say all the attention over a car that takes several months to be delivered and that means they won't get their sales commissions for many months. They are more interested in the public looking at a Vue or another Saturn model that they buy immedialely. That is money in their paycheck the following week. They seem to ignore the idea that ALL customers, if satisfied, could become loyal Saturn buyers in the future. I often wonder if the dealership owners know what kind of customer service their customers are receiving. This may only be a few of the the many Saturn dealers, but those few really give me a bad taste.:banghead:

Off Rant!!:rant:

·
Registered
453 Posts
SkyHope said:
Stopped by Elk Grove today to pick up our plates. They just got word that they are getting another jump in allocation of SKYs! We're told that the increase is their reward for adhering to corporate pricing policy.

So, if our dealer is getting many more than they were originally allocated, then it should mean those dealers with MSRP+ and/or mandatory add ons must be equally penalized with allocation cuts. Has anyone heard of Saturn corporate taking this kind of action?

We are happy for our dealership as they are fabulous to us. Admit it would be satisfying to know that the other dealership in our area dropped in allocation due to their huge mark-ups. We'll probably never know. All the same, this seems to be pretty good evidence that Saturn does carry through on their word... and we respect them for taking this action. Score one for MSRP dealerships! :thumbs:
:cheers: :cheers: :) Amen to that!! I say definately reward the dealers who held on to the Saturn slogan. And God willing the other losers, will finally get their just reward. A whole lot of nothing!!! Hope to hear if this happens. Especially to Saturn of Cerritos!! :mad:
T.

·
Super Moderator
11,489 Posts
I forgot that's where you got your Sky Terresa.

I hope Riverside gets more...they deserve it. Top notch dealership there.

OH CRAP.

I just remembered I was supposed to take my car in this morning and get the rear wheel rub problem fixed...:brentil: :banghead: :mad: :willy:

Have to go in this afternoon and see if they can do it in the morning...

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm thinking of dropping my order with Sante Fe because of their $1,000 market adjustment and going with a dealer like Riverside instead.
I'm worried that Sante Fe they will now be on "the black list" and I'll end up waiting longer. Sante Fe was telling me September/October.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
bradyb said:
I'm thinking of dropping my order with Sante Fe because of their $1,000 market adjustment and going with a dealer like Riverside instead.
I'm worried that after talking with Saturn customer service about Sante Fe they will now be on "the black list" and I'll end up waiting longer. Sante Fe was telling me September/October.

What do you guys think?
Get pre-orders at a couple places if you can swing the deposit for them. I know a lot of Sol owners who did that and ended up getting one way before the other ever was built.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
longwaitlarry said:
I know this subject has been cussed and discussed many times, but I truly believe their are several (many) Saturn dealerships that simply do not like the advent of the popular Sky. They don't like the volume of phone calls, the tons of questions, etc. I have talked to several salespersons that say all the attention over a car that takes several months to be delivered and that means they won't get their sales commissions for many months. They are more interested in the public looking at a Vue or another Saturn model that they buy immedialely. That is money in their paycheck the following week. They seem to ignore the idea that ALL customers, if satisfied, could become loyal Saturn buyers in the future. I often wonder if the dealership owners know what kind of customer service their customers are receiving. This may only be a few of the the many Saturn dealers, but those few really give me a bad taste.:banghead:

Hmm.. the Sky seems to be doing what it was created to do. Do you think they will be tired of all the calls when they have them in stock... or when the Aura and Outlook come out and they command interest?

This is the beginning. Be prepaired for more calls.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
longwaitlarry said:

In a past life I sold Oldsmobiles for a living. ANY car salesman that thinks that placing a future order is a BAD thing is a moron of galactic proportions!! Further, if those same salesmen think that a Sky sale takes away from the rest of the Saturn product line he really is dope. Example; would a ZO6 sale mean that someone else will not buy a Mailbu? No. Different target buyer, different demographic. When I was at my Saturn dealership the first and second times, it was completely obvious that people purchasing Vues and other models (and it was busy both visits) must have thought that the Black Sky in the showroom was invisible. They didn't care. Subaru, Volvo, and other loyal brand type dealerships nuture their clientel, and it is apparent Saturn does, too. Phone traffic is the beginning of a sale of SOMETHING. Salesmen and/or dealerships that react to a specialty product like the Sky, as protrayed by Larry, are simply setting up a sword point first, and jumping on it. Oh well - their loss.

·
Registered
61 Posts
After about 30 stories from my dealership, I was told last week that they got more in last month than they expected and they were expecting mine to be the third next one to come in. Putting my expected date at August instead of December like they originally told me. So they must have done something right.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
brentil said:
Get pre-orders at a couple places if you can swing the deposit for them. I know a lot of Sol owners who did that and ended up getting one way before the other ever was built.
:agree: :agree:

Brentil is right, this is a good thing to do to be safe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
longwaitlarry said:

I'm wondering too. Our Sky is the third Saturn we've owned & this buying experience was by far the worst. Not enough communication coming from the dealership, very odd for a company that prides themself on customer service. I had LOTS of people at work make comments about how unimpressed they were & they weren't even buying the car! But now that I'm driving her, all the bad vibes are starting to melt away....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts