Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im fairly new here but I have read some previous posts of people alluding to Saturn dealers going back on their word and charging above MSRP or adding unwanted dealer add ons. Has this happened to anyone? Has anyone actually had a dealership charge them more or add on when they sat down to pay for their Sky? My apologies if this topic has already been covered.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I haven't received my car yet but my dealer looked almost sick when I told mim some dealers were charging more than MSRP. He is selling MSRP and thought everyone should. I would suggest reporting a dealer to Saturn if they try that.

They may not be able to do anything but if the dealer wants more allocations he'd better stick with the MSRP standard.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I've seen a significant # of members post about dealerships that are marking up cars, but I don't think I've actually read about any members who have paid over MSRP yet. I also don't read the getting your Sky posts as closely as I read the Sol posts though. I know the "dealer addons" were a way a lot of dealers kept attempting to screw owners on.

·
Registered
342 Posts
A dealer in Charlotte required "add-ons" of: $595.00 for "First Place Finish", $395.00 "Silent Security Serial Number Etching", and $199.00 for "Splash Guards". I told him to take a hike... and found another across town who didn't require dealer add-ons.

·
Registered
517 Posts
My dealer in Richmond Virginia didnt put any add ons on the price of the car. They offered me the extended warranty and I said I didnt want it but I was willing to buy it because I was so appreciative about them selling me the first sky in Richmond. They said they didnt want to sell me the extended warranty if I really didnt see the value in it and I bought the car without it. RICHMOND ROCKS!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
No problems with my dealer. Haven't been able to order yet, but we already reviewed options and I've been given a price.

·
Registered
342 Posts
belletire said:
No problems with my dealer. Haven't been able to order yet, but we already reviewed options and I've been given a price.
If you've already been given a price, it's probably too high since the dealers don't have the pricing yet.. :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you're talking about the base Sky, then I misunderstood.

If you are talking about the Red Line (this IS a Red Line sub forum)... there is no joke... the pricing hasn't been released yet. So if you have been given a price, it most definitely is too high.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I was charged MSRP, but I had to take the $899 protection package which included Simonize waxing and stain prevention, splash guards and window tinting. Plus a $299.50 Dealer Delivery Charge. (complete BS, just a way to get more $$) I took the Sky because it was the color I wanted and came in before any of the ones I had deposits on at other dealers. Now, looking back, I'm sorry I did. I could have waited a couple of weeks and got one without all the "mandatory" add ons !! I paid an extra $1200 for stuff I didn't want.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The dealerships in Hurst, Arlington and Fort Worth, TX are owned by the same guy. He has changed his ordering policy from when many of us signed up in the fall last year to charging approximately $5000 over MSRP! I called and sent l letter to Saturn to let them know how unhappy I am with this and so far, all I've gotten from Saturn is a few phone calls and apologies and excuses about how they don't control their dealership's pricing policies!

To say the least, I've not been impressed by our local Saturn dealerships, or the corporation for that matter. I wish I lived near one of the true, loyal Saturn dealerships that some of you have experienced.

For now, I will just sit back and wait until the cars start sitting on the lots and the dealers come back to what used to set them apart from everyone else.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
You might be waiting a while, because every SKY that has come in to date that was not individually ordered has sat on showroom floor less than 48 hours.
Maybe next year when the popularity wains you will see a change, but unlikley this year. This is an incredible vehicle and people will pay the extra markup to own one. Even with markup it is a damn site cheaper than most roadsters, hell the attention alone is worth the price. Maybe a SOLSTICE might work for you, but they don't hold a candle to the SKY. Law of supply & demand my friend.

As for the dealer, well this is the free enterprise system, and althought this is not the standard procedure for Saturn, the uniqueness of the SKY causes this. After a year or two and the red Line settles in then maybe you will see them sit, but not for a while.

Saturn of Arlington has, is, and always will be my dealer of choice,as will be the Saturn vehicles. It would shock you see the mark up on other roadsters I guareentee. You don't think they add on for BMW's, MIATA"s etc.? This is an incredible vehicle and a unique chance to get in on the ground floor of a new generation of Saturns. Lot's of fun at for the price, even with the markup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts