Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just ordered my Redline last week (super excited!)

Could someone list out all the action items that happen in the process of getting the sky, and approximately the time frame I should expect for each of the items. So far all I have done is put down the $500 depsit.
When should I expect:
-conformation
-order number
-picture (not sure what this is)
-VIN
-other items...

And finally, any predictions to when I'll get my Redline? I put my money down last week and am 5th at my dealer for Redlines. My dealer said sometime May or June. Does this sound accurate?

Thanks! I've been enjoying reading the posts the past few days.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Order

I ordered my sky Apr.26,06 and of this day I still do not have any thing to talk about. All I know Saturn has my $500.00 bucks. I would like to know how all of you know about car. Thanks
ED St.Charles ,MO>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,396 Posts
My dealer says two per month; so make 3 months till order-2months to build 6 weeks to transport-this 8th month + 6 months = feb/mar MAYBE :willy: :willy: find a good hobby; ie read the forum ;ALOT :lol:
 

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
Cincy Sky said:
Hey all,

I just ordered my Redline last week (super excited!)

Could someone list out all the action items that happen in the process of getting the sky, and approximately the time frame I should expect for each of the items. So far all I have done is put down the $500 depsit.
When should I expect:
-conformation
-order number
-picture (not sure what this is)
-VIN
-other items...

And finally, any predictions to when I'll get my Redline? I put my money down last week and am 5th at my dealer for Redlines. My dealer said sometime May or June. Does this sound accurate?

Thanks! I've been enjoying reading the posts the past few days.:)
When i put down my deposit, shortly after i was presented with a print out of my redline order. This gave an order # and my selected options. I was also given a reciept for my deposit. I ordered in may and my preliminary order for the redline was placed on June 8th. I was #1 at my dealer in line for a redline.
My order was picked up or imaged late July. This meant my preliminary order went thru as a real order and was picked up by GM. I recieved notice that my car was built on August 9th and I was given a VIN#. It is currently invoiced and we're hoping for delivery any day now. I only live 45 mins from the factory so i'm lucky in that respect.

May or June of next summer could be possible. But honestly, it's all a guessing game. No one can really tell how many orders your dealer will get, or what type of constraints there will be from now till next spring. Just try not think too much about when its coming or you'll drive yourself nuts :lol:

Listed below is the order history a car goes through.

These are the Vehicle Order Event History (VOEH) codes:

1100 Preliminary Order Accepted
1101 Preliminary Order Added
1102 preliminary order added thru Web
2030 Order Re-edited
2050 Order Changed
2051 order changed on Web
2000 Accepted by GM
2500 Preferenced
2550 Order Changed (thanks GO DRVN)
3000 Accepted by Production Control
3100 Available to Sequence
3300 Schedule for Production
3400 Broadcast
3800 Produced
4000 Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice
4b00 Bayed (actually a capital B but it can be mistaken for an eight)
4106 Release Bailment
4150 Original Invoice
4200 Shipped
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 EDD (Estimated Delivery Date) Updated (thanks GO DRVN)
5000 Delivered to Dealer
6000 Delivered to Customer

My order started at 1100 when i put down my deposit and my dealer gave me a printout of my order from Dealerworld (thier ordering system via computer).
Hope this helps ya out. Enjoy! :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Cincy Sky said:
Hey all,

I just ordered my Redline last week (super excited!)

Could someone list out all the action items that happen in the process of getting the sky, and approximately the time frame I should expect for each of the items. So far all I have done is put down the $500 depsit.
When should I expect:
-conformation
-order number
-picture (not sure what this is)
-VIN
-other items...

And finally, any predictions to when I'll get my Redline? I put my money down last week and am 5th at my dealer for Redlines. My dealer said sometime May or June. Does this sound accurate?

Thanks! I've been enjoying reading the posts the past few days.:)
not neccessary all dealers will give you all the info, and frankly i know my time frame would be mid-late spring. so no codes,no progress etc....basically gave cc# for the non refundable deposite after order pickup and just wait....wait....wait some more....wait did i mentioned more waiting and wait some more
ilber
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Pitcom for the list of events and your experience - thats exactly what I wanted. Sounds like I should just sit back and relax. Maybe I'll pour myself a beer.:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
Pitcom said:
When i put down my deposit, shortly after i was presented with a print out of my redline order. This gave an order # and my selected options. I was also given a reciept for my deposit. I ordered in may and my preliminary order for the redline was placed on June 8th. I was #1 at my dealer in line for a redline.
My order was picked up or imaged late July. This meant my preliminary order went thru as a real order and was picked up by GM. I recieved notice that my car was built on August 9th and I was given a VIN#. It is currently invoiced and we're hoping for delivery any day now. I only live 45 mins from the factory so i'm lucky in that respect.

My order started at 1100 when i put down my deposit and my dealer gave me a printout of my order from Dealerworld (thier ordering system via computer).
Hope this helps ya out. Enjoy! :thumbs:
Wow, Pitcom, you must really be on the fast track! You must be so excited! I went to my dealer this weekend and they had a Sky in that the buyer declined. They said they put it on the floor and sold it cash to someone from out of the country and he was shipping it to someplace in the middle east. They said they called everyone on the list for the regular Sky and no one wanted this car. Can you imagine??? They didn't even bother to call anyone on the R/L list. Ya think??? :lol:

I can't wait to hear how yours drives. Too cool! :cool:

As to the wait for a new R/L, it all depends on the dealership size and allocation. Some dealerships only receive one allocation a month...some sporatically...some 2-3 or 4 a month. Like it has been said, get a good hobby...or remodel your house! :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,056 Posts
redbones said:
I ordered my sky Apr.26,06 and of this day I still do not have any thing to talk about. All I know Saturn has my $500.00 bucks. I would like to know how all of you know about car. Thanks
ED St.Charles ,MO>

redbones, put my deposit (order) in Apr then got it imaged June 8th, delivery today. Are you going thru Fusz?


Sorry didn't notice this was on the R/L page, I just have a Regular Sky not a R/L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,642 Posts
$1,000 deposit .... see signature ... as of today ... no information ... no order number .... no nothing :willy: :
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
kwayne said:
My dealer says two per month; so make 3 months till order-2months to build 6 weeks to transport-this 8th month + 6 months = feb/mar MAYBE :willy: :willy: find a good hobby; ie read the forum ;ALOT :lol:

You can't figure a Red Line that way. If your dealer is getting 2 per month thats 24 Sky's so 40% of his Sky allocation would be 9 Red Lines minus the ramp up and 2 month late start .So from now untill the end of the 2007 production ( AROUND ) June 26th of 2007 your dealer MIGHT see 6 Red Lines.
Now this is if he indeed continue to get 2 per month.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top