Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my 3rd kill last night. Bambi decided it was her time to go, and jumped out from a narrow alley into my sky's path. She went flying. This just only a week after my sky decided to take out a raccoon on my way to work. And of course, I made my final payment Friday, and destroy a perfectly good hood on Saturday. :(

1.jpeg

Now to try to jump through the hoops to get a new hood and the repairs done correctly. Parts could be a bit tough to come by though.....

So does anyone have a silver hood for sale?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Shiny did the same at Nationals. If she hasn't posted here check out Kappa Performance to see what she ended up with. Yours might be repairable based on your picture.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
From The Pictures Of Your Deer Incident, You Could Have Had "bambi" As A Front Seat Passenger !!!

It Was A Good Thing You Did Have Your Top Up...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
yes I was very happy I did have the top up.

If not, im pretty sure I would have had 200+lbs of deer flailing in the cabin
That is why I always carry a skinning knife with me when out on the back roads. No tellin what might jump into your truck or what you might hit. I learnt how ta skin anything right fast before they bleed out on the front seat or pavement. Shoo, tant nothing like stewed anything with vegitables.....Skip...Gettin hungry just thinkin about it....:):D:)

·
Registered
17,477 Posts
That is why I always carry a skinning knife with me when out on the back roads. No tellin what might jump into your truck or what you might hit. I learnt how ta skin anything right fast before they bleed out on the front seat or pavement. Shoo, tant nothing like stewed anything with vegitables.....Skip...Gettin hungry just thinkin about it....:):D:)
SKIP is waiting for his meals on wheels...if u cannot feed the hungry, don't tell us about how u killed bambi.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Not bad for damage considering the size of Bambi.

That's good eatin! Shame on you for not going back and picking that action up! :toetap:

Good thing you had the top up! And really, it doesn't look too bad! Hope you get it fixed quick! :grouphug:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not bad for damage considering the size of Bambi.

That's good eatin! Shame on you for not going back and picking that action up! :toetap:

Good thing you had the top up! And really, it doesn't look too bad! Hope you get it fixed quick! :grouphug:
yeah.... I asked if I could throw it on my hood, but the officer said that was "not a very good idea" and basically said no.

@ 3am, I called a few pals with trucks, but no one answered :(

By the time we got to it this morning, its already too far gone.:nono: Plus its probably all mixed up inside her. Didn't live very long after the initial smack.

But yeah the sky really did hold up quite well! I never even touched the brakes until she was up over my head.

The good news is, all my "daily driver" chips will be gone! and the other dent in my hood will be fixed!:cool:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
yeah.... I asked if I could throw it on my hood, but the officer said that was "not a very good idea" and basically said no.

By the time we got to it this morning, its already too far gone.:nono: Plus its probably all mixed up inside her. Didn't live very long after the initial smack.

But yeah the sky really did hold up quite well! I never even touched the brakes until she was up over my head.

The good news is, all my "daily driver" chips will be gone! and the other dent in my hood will be fixed!:cool:
Bonus! Hey, at least Shiny taught you well!!! :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts

You have about two hours to field strip a deer or the guts get into the meat. They start bulging at about five hours and then might as well chunk the meat cause of contamination. Talk to someone who knows. But deer meat is done gooder than Hamburger cause it be lean. You don't see any fat ass deer do you. It is gooder eatin than what yall be thinkin. I made some spaghetti for my youngins { 33 to 23} and they liked it. I did not tell them tell they ate it that it was BAMBI. They were alarmed that DAD would fool them and think it ws cow meat. hheheheh.....Skip....taste just like cow meat. with a little exoctic taste.......:):D:)

·
Registered
945 Posts
looks like dashark owes you three trophy emblems now...we'll get to work on that.

Advise weekend driving status when known

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
You have about two hours to field strip a deer or the guts get into the meat. They start bulging at about five hours and then might as well chunk the meat cause of contamination. Talk to someone who knows. But deer meat is done gooder than Hamburger cause it be lean. You don't see any fat ass deer do you. It is gooder eatin than what yall be thinkin. I made some spaghetti for my youngins { 33 to 23} and they liked it. I did not tell them tell they ate it that it was BAMBI. They were alarmed that DAD would fool them and think it ws cow meat. hheheheh.....Skip....taste just like cow meat. with a little exoctic taste.......:):D:)
We have a lot of deers in these here parts. Always some good venison sausage that comes into work during the colder months! :thumbs:

So our farms are good for deer hunting and as a token of appreciation, the hunters would give my parents some deer meat. As a youngun, I did not like the thought of eatin Bambi. So my mom fixes up some Bar Bee ma Que and makes up what I think it Bar Bee Ma Que Beef. That stuff was yum, yum tasty!

A little later in the evening...my dear ol' Dad asks me if I know what venison is. I says to my Dad...I says "Why sure Dad...it's deers." And my dad says to me... he says "You know those thar Bar Bee Ma Que Beef sandwiches we had tonight?" I says to Dad, I says "Why sure Dad...they were right tasty!". And my Dad says to me, he says "Those weren't beef."

That thar was all he need to say. I gets up, I do, and I stomp off through the dining room into the kitchen a hippin' and a hollerin' at my Ma yellin "Mom!!!!...That was deer!!!!"

My Mom was furious at my Dad!!! :lol:

Cause I never would have known any better that it was deers!

Tasty deers it was too!! Yup...right fine tasty! :drool:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
...ouch!!!...those repairs are gonna cost a couple of bucks:D

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
I can't even believe how almost identical your hood looks compared to mine. I was lucky that my deer went off to the side because I had my top down. You are seriously lucky you had yours up! I'm glad you are safe.

I would like to take this opportunity to suggest a "Beers and Deers" sweep truck on every run from now on. It could follow along to provide beverages for those that get thirsty throughout the day and also store any roadkill picked up along the way :)

BTW I am waiting for the aftermarket hood. I decided not to wait for another damaged hood from GM. Will update everyone as soon as the transformation begins.

Chris, good luck with your repair :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can't even believe how almost identical your hood looks compared to mine. I was lucky that my deer went off to the side because I had my top down. You are seriously lucky you had yours up! I'm glad you are safe.

I would like to take this opportunity to suggest a "Beers and Deers" sweep truck on every run from now on. It could follow along to provide beverages for those that get thirsty throughout the day and also store any roadkill picked up along the way :)

BTW I am waiting for the aftermarket hood. I decided not to wait for another damaged hood from GM. Will update everyone as soon as the transformation begins.

Chris, good luck with your repair :thumbs:
:agree:
Hopefully that sweep truck will come with a grill too, just in case ;)

Shiny, What hood did you get? Where did you get it?

I am very nervous about getting parts for my sky. Any other tips on sourcing parts for the sky? How did you handle the inspection of parts before they were put on your car?

Mine is a daily driver, so I really need my repairs done in a timely manner. A week is going to feel too long for me without my sky.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Mine is a daily driver, so I really need my repairs done in a timely manner. A week is going to feel too long for me without my sky.
Told you before...get in touch with my boys at Toth (Pat or Mike)

George Toth runs the Body Shop too

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Glad you are okay! :grouphug:

I prefer to hit inanimate objects. :D

Good luck with the repairs! :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts