Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was runing some wire for an XM antenna in the trunk, into the passenger compartment... did you ever notice, that when you open the trunk, if you follow the weatherstrip all the way to where it ends (toward the front of the car) there is a ball of putty of some type to finish off the connection there. I can even make out the fingerprints of the worker who installed it on the line! I have it on both sides of the trunk. I passed the wire through the wall behind the passenger seat... the plastic will pull away, it clips right at the peak. Since that is one big piece of panel, they must have figured it needed more holding it than simply the clips on the edges. They put velcro in mine. You know how it works, the two pieces of velcro are stuck together and there is adhesive on both sides. they peeled off the cover from the adhesiven, and stuck it to the back of the panel, but someone forgot the peel the other cover off the other side of the velcro... it obviously is not holding ANYTHING right now. Huh... I checked and the driver side is installed correctly (completely?). I am not upset, it just made me realize how handbuild these cars really are! :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Thats one of the things I like about this car too. Each one of us will have a little different personality in our cars.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have noticed also when moving or removing things or peering into openings in carpeting or in the engine compartments there seems to be a lot of chalk numbers and check marks... Have you noticed that as well? It's like each team when finished with their, his/her task signs off to the next group. I have to admit I never really looked in other cars -- but these seem to be quite noticeable...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts