Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And how do I know this, I now have a couple of dents on the drivers door thanks to my wife. :eek: No, not driving, but walking. She tripped going down the one step out to the garage (I think on the shoes she left there) and stumbled, falling into the Sky.:eek: Now there is a crease just where it curves below the window and a couple dents about a foot off the ground!:nonod: So, now I need to take off the door panel and see if I can massage them out. If not, I know what to ask for for a Father's Day Gift!:skep:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sorry to here about the collision...is your wife okay??
Has she got any dents?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I hope she is ok!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Suction cup pullers

Before you take the door panel off consider the suction cup dent pullers available at most auto parts store for a few bucks. They work really good in some circumstances.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wife is okay, think she hit it with her head.:lol: No, not sure what she hit it with, but she is fine. :) I am not.:rolleyes:

They look very obvious to me, and not sure if the suction cup type puller will work. I have removed door panels on cars for years and of various years, so that is not a problem. The only problem will be if there is access to the skin from the inside, as on most doors, there is sheet metal behind the inside panel with access openings for the interior components. Can I get my fat hand through those to where the dent actually is, is the question. Will probably leave a bit of a crease either with the suction or panel removal method, but hopefully not as obvious as the current dent.:eek:

·
Registered
325 Posts
How do you massage a dent out from behind? I've paid to get it done but how do you do it?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bradyb said:
How do you massage a dent out from behind? I've paid to get it done but how do you do it?
You take off the door panel, and reach in where the dent is and push it out. The problem is there will probably still be a crease, but unless you take it to a body shop that will always happen. And the crease should be smaller and less noticable, and often may even pop back without too much of a tell-tale sign.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about both your wife and your SKY. As I understand there is both physical and mental trauma involved, I hope all recover quickly. Good luck on getting the dents out. :grouphug:

·
Registered
238 Posts
TexSon said:
Can I get my fat hand through those to where the dent actually is, is the question.
Once you take the door pad off and put the window up, there are several access holes. If you need instructions on getting the door pad off, let me know. I've done this many times.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's terrible. Glad your wife and the sky are okay, minus the dents.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts